Hawker Hunter in FSX

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Hawker Hunter in FSX

Post by spatialpro »

I was wondering if anybody (even the man himself) is working on an FSX fix/update for Hawker Hunters by Dave Garwood et al?

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

I'm not actively working on one at the moment, they seem to work OK apart from the missing glass.
There will probably be a full update at some point, but due to the amount of work involved and other commitments, I'm not making any promises.
Dave G.

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

Dave,

Many thanks for the swift reply! Yes, I think the only things different in FSX are the missing glass, possibly the relative position of the exhaust smoke (which Rick Piper has noted with other aircraft, on other posts here) and the thumbnails.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you and your team for such and amazing, accurate and throughly enjoyable aircraft. I'm extremely grateful for all your efforts.

Andy

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Thanks Andy :smile:

The smoke takes seconds to fix, as it's a simple change in the aircraft.cfg.
Likewise, adding a thumbnail is easy enough.
I could recompile the models as-is but add a glass texture to make it show up in FSX. It wouldn't have all the FSX extras like bump mapping though.
Maybe if I get some spare time...
Dave G.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

DG,

Just something I've noticed on DM's models, but the smoke fix doesn't quite work as it puts the smoke slightly above the exhausts... al be it, in the right orientation. The only other FSX funnies in most models are the sounds and some of the textures. :smile:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Roger that Ben. Don't ya just love FSX :lol:
Dave G.

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

And the starters.... :roll:
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

smithcorp
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by smithcorp »

DaveG wrote:Thanks Andy :smile:

The smoke takes seconds to fix, as it's a simple change in the aircraft.cfg.
Likewise, adding a thumbnail is easy enough.
I could recompile the models as-is but add a glass texture to make it show up in FSX. It wouldn't have all the FSX extras like bump mapping though.
Maybe if I get some spare time...
Dave - I wanted to say that your simple explanation of how to fix the FSX smoke position problem (put the first number last) was much appreciated! I was dreading putting the wonderful Trident into FSX up until then, as I was envisaging hours of fiddling in the .cfg file. with your solution and by copying the common textures into the different model files, I got the thing flying in about half an hour! Thanks again.

I love the Hunter too and I don't think I'll be bothered by a little missing glass. Must drop that in too!