Callsigns......

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

fmansam
Vulcan
Vulcan

Callsigns......

Post by fmansam »

Hi gents

i have got edit voice pack installed, and have managed to import callsigns etc.....

but!
i have tried to assign a call sign to an aircraft, but theres a snag.....
the call sign im trying to use, works fine with the a/c it came with....

but when i add it to the jet i want, instead of saying it as a word.....
the controller is spelling it....

eg as a word....bucket
controller.....B bravo
U uniform
c charlie
and so on.......this is becoming a pain and i have no idea what to do next....has anyone got any help they can offer please????

cheers

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

John Hinson is your man - he did the rather odd Hawaiian word for turtle for VHA's callsign - Sounds very accurate - but according to him he had to break it up phoentically - Honn (rhymes with Bonn) New - making Honu
- Drop him a PM hes very helpful at things voicepack :wink:

Leif

Myles
Lightning
Lightning

Post by Myles »

Just as a matter of interest - are you assigning the call as the airline callsign or as the aircraft callsign (tail number). not trying to teach anybody how to suck eggs, just covering possibilities!

Best,
Myles

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

Open the aircraft.cfg in the aircraft in which the callsign worked. Fine the line that begins "atc_airline=" Copy the entire line (including what is after the = sign.) Paste that line into the other pkane's aircraft.cfg file and see if that works.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Callsigns......

Post by petermcleland »

fmansam wrote:i have tried to assign a call sign to an aircraft, but theres a snag.....
the call sign im trying to use, works fine with the a/c it came with....

but when i add it to the jet i want, instead of saying it as a word.....
the controller is spelling it....

eg as a word....bucket
controller.....B bravo
U uniform
c charlie
and so on.......this is becoming a pain and i have no idea what to do next....has anyone got any help they can offer please????

Just examine the Aircraft.cfg of the aircraft where it works and look at these two lines:-

atc_airline=LEGENDARY
atc_flight_number=PM

Then go to the Aircraft.cfg of the jet that you want to make the same and put exactly the same two lines in as the other aircraft.

Note...Your system must know the "atc_airline" to be able to pronounce it...In my example above "LEGENDARY" is an FS9 default callsign of an old defunct airline, but any callsign that EditVoicePack has introduced will be pronounced. You will see that I have letters instead of numbers in the "atc_flight_number=" and these will be split and called from the phonetic alphabet. So in the example above which is the callsign I use when flying my display aircraft, ATC call it as "Legendary Papa Mike" :smile:

Stewart Pearson
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Hi guys,

This same question was asked over at MAIW forums. I'm assuming it's the same person posing the question.

The matter was resolved after some advice.

Cheers

Stew