Bristol 171 Sycamore in the works

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

kurt190
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Re: Bristol 171 Sycamore in the works

Post by kurt190 »

It looks absolutelu beautiful - any news on progress?

ATB
kurt

Cathy Howat
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Cathy Howat »

flies like a helicopter should? you mean. "like a brick?" :lol:
cathy

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Rick has been working on this project again (it is not dead! :welldone: :welldone: ), but I will let him give some news when he thinks the time is right. Hint, if you have FSX with the acceleration pack, you may be in for a real treat!
ATB Trev

John
Concorde
Concorde

Post by John »

calypsos wrote:Rick has been working on this project again (it is not dead! :welldone: :welldone: ), but I will let him give some news when he thinks the time is right. Hint, if you have FSX with the acceleration pack, you may be in for a real treat!
I don't :-(

Boo hoo

Kind regards

John
never give up, never surrender

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

calypsos wrote:Rick has been working on this project again (it is not dead! :welldone: :welldone: ), but I will let him give some news when he thinks the time is right. Hint, if you have FSX with the acceleration pack, you may be in for a real treat!
Sounds like fun to me! :welldone:

We are missing good, British, choppers in FSX as we only have ......err.....well to be honest I can't think of ANY! :-(
Larry

kurt190
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by kurt190 »

Please can we have an FS9 version - I have been waiting for this for so long - even have RAF airfields waiting which don't exist in FSX.......

kurt

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

FS 9 would mean effectivly making a seperate model

Those that have moved on to FX.X have moved on and it is pointless going back

The FS.X model will contain features that can't be done in FS.9.that is the point of the new sim.

The is no such thing as an FS.9 compatable FS.X model and to be asked for a version for an older sim does nothing but irritate tbh

I may sound harsh..I I really don't want to be.... but let the modeller make for the sim he wants and leave it at that

If it was simple and possible it would be done.

The great dread nowadays is whenever a model is made for one sim the question is always about a version for the other sim.

So lets leave it at that...and be grateful ;-)

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

kurt190
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by kurt190 »

Garry Russell wrote:FS 9 would mean effectivly making a seperate model

Those that have moved on to FX.X have moved on and it is pointless going back

The FS.X model will contain features that can't be done in FS.9.that is the point of the new sim.

The is no such thing as an FS.9 compatable FS.X model and to be asked for a version for an older sim does nothing but irritate tbh

I may sound harsh..I I really don't want to be.... but let the modeller make for the sim he wants and leave it at that

If it was simple and possible it would be done.

The great dread nowadays is whenever a model is made for one sim the question is always about a version for the other sim.

So lets leave it at that...and be grateful ;-)

Garry

TBH Garry there is not a lot you can say about your statement and still stay on the polite side - so I'll just say this. I have both FS9 and FSX and I like them both. The FSX world is still very empty in terms of good models especially of helicopters - I can think of only two decent full FSX helos - so I absolutely welcome Mr Pipers model in that format. However that very emptiness also applies to sceneries therefore (as they are prolific in FS9) I asked the question. I may not particularly like the answer but life can be like that.

kurt

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Kurt

Rick has made it clear on more than one occasion that he will not be making any new models for FS.9

So don't come back saying there is little to be said and remaining polite because time and time again this has been said and still folks ask which is irritaing.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

kurt190
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by kurt190 »

Well my apologies for irritating you with a question.

kurt