de Havilland DH114 Heron

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Christhekeeper
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Christhekeeper »

Will be eagerly awaited Derek. :yipeee:

Saw the gate guardian at the old Croydon airport the other day whilst on the way to Ikea. Remember them flying in the Channel Islands when I was growing up and look forward to adding the Heron to the Dove.
Chris

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

XM296 will be represented in both guises, as well as a standard RN...and quite a few civvie versions I expect.........
Garry Russell wrote:'Ere we go..............again. :worried: ................Wrong mark of Heron :shock:

Garry
:lol: :lol: ...the 'right' mark of Heron will be achieved by standing under the canopy and knocking it upward with a very large virtual mallet... :lol:

Also to come, the Series 1 with fixed gear...

Thanks for the comments folks :wink:

ATB,

Derek :smile:
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Hehe... Funny that someone brought up N82D. I'm glad I don't have to try and do it though as I'll muck it up royally. I did try to sell it to the Air Atlantique Classic Flight back in 2004, but they'd just bought the Hunters so there was no money left. The plane is in immaculate shape and maintained by a pair of very talented mechanics. She's currently on loan at the Museum of Flight in Seattle, but last I heard, Bud Rude (the owner) still wanted her flown at least once a month. I think there's a couple of pictures of her at MoF online. The interior was 100% restored to specification as she was in Queen's Flight service although she keeps the RN Admiral's Barge exterior paint. I never got the chance to fly in her myself (Bud sent her out to Seattle from Ohio after a minor re-restoration in the late summer of '04 and it didn't stop in Columbus as planned, just went straight there).

I'm sure it'll find a good home someday, whether it be in the US or back in the UK. Bud's got plenty of spares though. a full set of engines, props, and most of the major flight structures (tail & rudder, horizontal stabs & elevators, outer wings & ailerons, landing gear, etc), so the plane can be kept airworthy for quite a long time to come.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Tks for that background CT :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

been away for a week so missed this post, what a lovely looking model. The Dove will soon have its big brother to play with. :lol: Many thanks for this one :welldone:

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

I was only thinking about this earlier today, sorry Derek, I missed this post!! Looks an absolute peach :yipeee: :yipeee: :yipeee:
ATB Trev

sknepper
Lightning
Lightning

Post by sknepper »

It is certainly looking good so far. I am sure the result will be brilliant stuff. Are those rivets and exhaust textures on the model? :lol:
Sincerely, Sean Kneppers
Repainter by choice
Fancy the Irish going Dutch

Vulcan_to_the_Sky!
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vulcan_to_the_Sky! »

Missed this post till now. Looks fantastic!

Can't wait for you to release it.

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Looking good Del.

Rgds

John

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

:doho: I missed this one as well.

Absolutely brilliant Derek, can't wait!!

Ummm, just a thought, wonder if Ben, when he sees it, will ask the inevitable question!! :lol: :lol:
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.