de havilland DH98 Mosquito

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: de havilland DH98 Mosquito

Post by petermcleland »

Maintainance of this site seems a very worthy cause to me...I would be delighted to subscribe :)

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

Post by hobby »

Good idea donationware. Looking forward tom flying the Mosquito.

edetroit
Meteor
Meteor

Post by edetroit »

A Mossie! .......thankyou sooo much! I can't wait! :welldone:
regards

Ed

My FS Videos

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

It looks lovely Dave and Del. So you're not going to leave it in the FROG like primary colours then? ;-) At least with this version you don't have to worry about getting the gun barrels to stay straight!

Donationware seems a good idea.

Cheers,
Chris

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

:lol: :lol:

I'm not sure FROG used primary colours Chris..more like whatever re-cycled coloured polystyrene pellets they could find at the time..or was that Matchbox :think:

..and no, on this one you won't need to use matchsticks to keep the barrels straight whilst the glue dries :lol: :lol:

Folks, re: the Donationware issue..all of the developers here are die-hard freeware wallahs and it's only recently that the subject has arisen. Nothing has been decided yet but rest assured that all small contributions will go towards the running of this site, to restoration and benefit funds and to try and offset the cost of reference material that freeware developers need and which is available for all ;-)

ATB,

Derek :)
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals

Jon.M
VC10
VC10

Post by Jon.M »

I've often wondered why there are no good models of the Mossie for FS. An iconic aircraft if ever there was one. I'm looking forward to this one.

Donationware sounds good to me. Either for the upkeep of the site or to help the developers here with their projects.

Jon

henryb
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by henryb »

Donationware is a great thing
i have been active in the SOH donationware
and would willingly donate for a mossie
and this great site
also ill donate any knowledge or talents i may have
H

hinch
VC10
VC10

Post by hinch »

Just seen this topic posted at SOH, fantastic!

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Only problem for me re donation ware is Lloyds will not send me a card, they have a embargo on sending cards to the Philippines even when I offer to pay courier costs

Rich
Rich

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

Rich wrote:Only problem for me re donation ware is Lloyds will not send me a card, they have a embargo on sending cards to the Philippines even when I offer to pay courier costs

Rich
Do you have any friends or family near where your Lloyds branch is? They often allow someone else to collect as long as they have a signed letter from you, and then that person could forward it to you via post.