Llanbedr - EGOD

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Llanbedr - EGOD

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Chaps,

Anyone have any info on the NAVAIDS that would have been in use here when it was opperational? I have the tower frequencies, but cannot find any other info after most of today trawling the net. I was sure I had come across a site before that had loads of info but can't find it. Any help much appreciated. :)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Llanbedr - EGOD

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Guys,

Its a basic Llanbedr I've knocked up. Works fine on my system (FSX SP2 with GenX) but I'd like to know if it works without the GenX stuff.

Have fun!

http://xr219.cbfsim.org/download/EGOD_Llanbedr.zip (3.5MB)

ImageImageImage

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

I'll give it a try for you Ben. I used to do a LOT of plane spotting at Llanbedr while camping at the adjacent Shell Island. Lots of happy memories! :)

EDIT:
I just checked and it looks like there are some problems on my system using FSX + Accel and no scenery mods in that area (I do have the Snowdonia VFR Demo installed but that area stops just NE of Llanbedr).

Around the hangars and the taxiways I am getting a 'raise' of about 3 ft (1m) above stock ground level as can be seen in this screenie.....

Strangely I am getting a lowering on the runways....but only on one side! :doho: ...See this screenie....

Of course I had to use Rick's beta of the Hawk in the Valley skin to test it out ;-) . Unfortunately I am on a disability pension and cannot afford to buy the full version yet (sorry Rick :-( ).

Incidentally I see you are using ADE for the scenery mods. I have been using that for a while too (I am working on a RAF Lossiemouth update with Tony (Techy111)) and it is a great little tool.

Anyway, sorry for the bad news about Llanbedr and a stock FSX build.
Larry

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Larry,

I know what the problem is... (I've been Stupid) I'm using GenX so haven't created a lanclass as I want to see the GenX stuff underneath.

Give me 5 and I'll send you the landclass... its should sort the funnies out.

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Ben...

Do you know if that's GenX with the latest updates or without?? :think: I've no chance of getting the v2 without buying the full whack again and I'm not going there :cpu: I'll give it a go anyway ;-)

EDIT..
OK Ben.. a variance of 33.8ft 'ON' the runways to 33.7ft on the taxyways (taxiways) down to 30.1ft if you go across the grass. Infinately useable 'as is'.. this with GenX v1 and v1 patches ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Dave.. It "Should" be fine in either version of GenX.

I'm having a nightmare with the flatten files for the default FSX scenery. When I have the airport and the esclude/flatten/lanclass files at the same altitude The runways etc sit on an outline plateau, even though they are both set to the same altitude... driving me nuts.

ImageImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Something fisshy going on. I've removed all my GenX stuff and any addon EGOD's and even the fault runways are below ground level... My head hurts! :lol:

Anyway, here are some I took earlier in GenX.

ImageImageImage

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

XR219 wrote:Something fisshy going on. I've removed all my GenX stuff and any addon EGOD's and even the fault runways are below ground level... My head hurts! :lol:
That seems odd Ben as I fly from Llanbedr a lot in default FSX terrain and all my runways, taxiways, etc. sit at ground level. :dunno:

Did you set the exclude altitude to the FSX 'marker' altitude in ADE? The height FSX 'thinks' the airfield is at may not be the 'true' height obtained from external airport data. When I have used ADE I always make the exclude match the height given in the FSX info which is accessed by double-clicking on the pink ID dot in ADE.

I just checked here and the default FSX airfield shows an airport height of 30 feet ASL. Knowing the airfield as I do that seems awfully high (it's barely above sea level after all and when the tide comes in it virtually laps up against the perimeter fence at high tide (the road on the causeway is well under water by that time of course!)
Larry

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Larry,

The proper altitude (that given in pooleys) is 30ft AMSL. This is the first time I've used ADE properly, as I usually use FSXPlanner and FSXKML for excludes. The thing that is confusing mate is that with all of my addon scenery deactivated and just the default stuff running I can no longer see the runways at Llanbedr. They are "under the grass" by a few feet. Very strange. I'll look into this Pink ID dot. In FSX Planner, you just set the scenery, excludes, flattens etc to the hight you want and off you trott. The real airport has a drop of almost 20ft from RW36 to off the end of RW18, so I picked an average height of 26.5ft so that neither end was overly elevated or submerged. I'll have a play and report back. Worst case, I'll revert to FSXPlanner and FSXKML.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

ImageImageImage

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

Colin Green (CeeGee) has modelled EGOD. It's available from www.vfraddons.co.uk along with many others.

Screenshots have been posted on Horizon Forums.

Dennis.