Fairey Gannet

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Re: Fairey Gannet

Post by DispatchDragon »

I knew the lad himself would show up :)

Having seen preliminary polys - this one will be a keeper - Rob is putting alot of love into it already -- get your FSX Ark out of
Mothballs folks

Leif

robcarrich
Concorde
Concorde

Post by robcarrich »

No pressure then Leif :lol:

Rob

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Rob..

I had a feeling you might say that. The cockpits on the Woodley Gannet are the only thing I don't have shots of. As it is, I think the rear was damaged by vandals, evident by scorch marks on the broken canopy and the front may have been sealed against the weather because the old girl sits outside. They're a 'funny' lot at Woodley anyway.. not nasty or impolite.. just funny. I was a member there (though not a regular as the day they're open coincides with me going to Brooklands) and always got the feeling I'd either never fit in or I'd have to be there for 20 years :lol:

There are some fairly decent shots of both in Warpaint No.23 but this is all I have I'm afraid other than a shot of the main panel (literally, the main panel) which Woodley have inside next to the cutaway Mamba :)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Seaking
VC10
VC10

Post by Seaking »

Just in case you don't already have these pics ......nice ones of the front and rear cockpits,, hope it helps

http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/fair ... upch_1.htm
AsusP5Q mobo P45 Chipset
QX6850 extreme 3ghz running at 3.6
4 gig OCZ DDR2 1066Mhz PC8500
XFX 8800GTS 512 G92Engine

robcarrich
Concorde
Concorde

Post by robcarrich »

DaveB wrote:Hi Rob..

I had a feeling you might say that. The cockpits on the Woodley Gannet are the only thing I don't have shots of. As it is, I think the rear was damaged by vandals, evident by scorch marks on the broken canopy and the front may have been sealed against the weather because the old girl sits outside. They're a 'funny' lot at Woodley anyway.. not nasty or impolite.. just funny. I was a member there (though not a regular as the day they're open coincides with me going to Brooklands) and always got the feeling I'd either never fit in or I'd have to be there for 20 years :lol:

There are some fairly decent shots of both in Warpaint No.23 but this is all I have I'm afraid other than a shot of the main panel (literally, the main panel) which Woodley have inside next to the cutaway Mamba :)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
Hi Dave,
I have telephoned Duxford with a view to having a look in the cockpit but it is difficult to find anyone there with knowledge of aircraft in general let alone the Gannet in particular and they are reluctant to let me climb up that far whithout proper staging, health and safetey being what it is! They did say they would look into the matter and let me know.
It might be worth popping down there just for a look in the well stocked bookshop, I'll keep looking anyway, thank you very much for your interest.

Regards
Rob

robcarrich
Concorde
Concorde

Post by robcarrich »

Seaking wrote:Just in case you don't already have these pics ......nice ones of the front and rear cockpits,, hope it helps

http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/fair ... upch_1.htm
Thank you for that SeaKing,
These are the shots I'm working from at the moment but the very thing you want to see is always just out of picture!

Regards
Rob

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DispatchDragon »

Rob just dropped some screenshots over at the Pond for those who are interested

Nice looking piece of kit

Leif :thumbsup:

sketchy74
Vulcan
Vulcan
Location: Los Angeles, California, But an ExPat Brit from Cornwall

Post by sketchy74 »

DispatchDragon wrote:Rob just dropped some screenshots over at the Pond for those who are interested

Nice looking piece of kit

Leif :thumbsup:
Hi Dispatch, do you have a link?

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DispatchDragon »

Thank you Garry

Sometimes (often) I forget people don't know where Im talking about.

Ive posted Robs Original screenies on the front page proper there.

And Andys excellent screenshots in the Galley under classic British Screenshots.

It is a BIG brute.
:thumbsup: :RN:

Leif