Fairey Gannet

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

springer
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Re: Fairey Gannet

Post by springer »

Thank you for the Gannet. It is absolutely beautiful. I have been using the FS2004 version for along time. The model of the Australian version has a Serial Number of XB. Unfortunately the Serial Number is XG. I have carefuly altered my version for my own use but it would be appreciated if the model could be altered to reflect the correct Serial Number. I am in the process of repainting the model to another Aust Gannet. XA 331 859. This was a trainer version in a Silver with Yellow bands around the Tail and wings. The Tail does not have M for HMAS Melbourne but NW for Nowra (Home of the FAA). Will submit my repaint for approval when finished. Springer :)

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

A warm welcome to CBFSIM Springer! :cheers:

Andy

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

I actually prefer the original cfg. Much more responsive to the throttle, which is what is needed in formation flying. That's my opinion anyway.

Thanks to Image Shack for hosting.

Thanks also to the developers for the wonderful Navy types. Or is it Naval types? What do I know, I was in the RAF.

D.

ps. The shots are 800x746. I hope they're not too big.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

I don't think the RN had enough of them to travel anywhere in formation mate but each to their own ;) 800x746 seems to have nipped in ok.. the width is the major problem so 800 is fine. :)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

511Flyer you said

"I actually prefer the original cfg. Much more responsive to the throttle, which is what is needed in formation flying. That's my opinion anyway."

I will ask these questions

Will it fly at 150 Kts on 1 "ONE" engine, is the fuel burn anywhere near right ?

I will give these answers

No it will not, the slowest it will fly on autopilot and maintain level flight is 175 Kts on 2 "TWO" engines
the slowest it will fly on autopilot and maintain level flight is 185 Kts on 1 "ONE" engine

The fuel burn gives it a range in excess of 960 Nm

Will it sit still at idle with the brakes off

Plus a few of other things which niggles me
Should not a bit of realisim be required

I am happy with what I have.

I have done/doing one for the COD but the only real difference as far as I can see was the COD being 10Kts slower than the AS1 due to the post boxes under the wings I suspect.
Rich

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

:S :dunno: