ADE9X

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: ADE9X

Post by GHD »

Hi Paul,

You shouldn't open the .bgl file, you should open the .ad2 file with "Open Airport" which you should have saved after compiling.

If you do wish to open the .bgl file, use "Open Airport from Bgl" but you will lose certain things such as guidlines, position marks and polygons which you may have added.
George

paul26may
Lightning
Lightning

Post by paul26may »

In answer to Ben, I am not trying to create a new airport - just attempting to modify an existing one. What I need is someone to guide me through the process step by step because there is probably something I'm not doing right!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Paul, again, from memory (as I don't have everything installed on this PC at the mo) You can't modify stock airports. If you open a stock airport and make modifications to it it will create a new version of the same airport. You then need to exlude the microsoft default one so that it can use your modified one.

Hope that makes sense?
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by GHD »

Ben Watson wrote:Hi Paul, again, from memory (as I don't have everything installed on this PC at the mo) You can't modify stock airports. If you open a stock airport and make modifications to it it will create a new version of the same airport. You then need to exlude the microsoft default one so that it can use your modified one.

Hope that makes sense?
No, any version of an airport higher in the scenery library than the base files will override the default.

If you were to modify the airfield elevation, you also need to have an "empty" AFD file with the modified height in a scenery area lower than the base files to override the default elevation.

ADE automatically places the empty file in Scenery\World\Scenery if you modify the elevation wiithin ADE.

Paul,

ADE is practically the same as Afcad2, the difference being that after you make your modifications you must compile the airport to a bgl file. You must also save your airport to ADE's internal format using the "Save" command.

Afcad2 uses only a bgl file for both opening and saving.
George

paul26may
Lightning
Lightning

Post by paul26may »

Right George. When I load FSX I am now getting this message:

"Scenery.cgf file error. Invalid remote scenery path in Area.115. Click OK to continue."

However, in AddonScenery/Scenery folder I have these 2 files 'EGOW_ADEX_PSH.ad2' and 'EGOW_ADEX_PSH.BGL'.

Is that correct? The default EGOW however is the one that loads. By the way other addon scenery is working fine.

Paul.

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by GHD »

paul26may wrote:Right George. When I load FSX I am now getting this message:

"Scenery.cgf file error. Invalid remote scenery path in Area.115. Click OK to continue."

However, in AddonScenery/Scenery folder I have these 2 files 'EGOW_ADEX_PSH.ad2' and 'EGOW_ADEX_PSH.BGL'.

Is that correct? The default EGOW however is the one that loads. By the way other addon scenery is working fine.

Paul.
OK. It seems that the entry in the scenery library for your Addon Scenery is incorrect.

Open the Scenery Library and scroll down to "Addon Scenery", click on "Edit" and browse to the FSX\Addon Scenery folder then click on "OK".

What do you mean by "By the way other addon scenery is working fine." ?

BTW. You do not need the .ad2 file in there, you should keep this in a separate folder since it is used only by ADE.
George

paul26may
Lightning
Lightning

Post by paul26may »

Ok in FSX I go to Settings - Scenery Library. Addon Scenery is at the top of the list and as I click on it I get the message, 'parameter is incorrect'.

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by GHD »

It shouldn't be at the top of the list unless you have no other addons installed.

Scroll down and see whether there is another entry for Addon Scenery ( it should be just above "Propeller Objects" . If there is, delete the one at the top.
George

paul26may
Lightning
Lightning

Post by paul26may »

There is only one Addon Scenery folder, it's right at the top, priority 1 and propeller objects is priority 2.

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by GHD »

OK, find C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\Scenery.cfg, open it with Notepad and scroll down to the bottom. What does it say for [Area.115] ?

It should be something like:

[Area.115]
Title=Addon Scenery
Local=Addon Scenery
Layer=118
Active=FALSE
Required=FALSE

The layer number may be diferent.
George