Instant Scenery V2

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Instant Scenery V2

Post by Airspeed »

For those who don't know, I've been floundering around with freeware bgl makers and placers.
This cost me $30AU download, and the difference in ease of placement is incredible.
It is the actual tool used by the FTX scenery builders. So far I am extremely happy with it.
After spending days nudging objects around in SAMM2, restarting FSX, checking the latest error, closing, opening SAMM2, tweaking, etc ad nauseum,
I repositioned everything and added more in an hour or so, including finding extra on line aircraft and installing into FSX.
I'll come back in a couple of minutes with an edit......
EDIT
This is FSX (duh!)
This is Google Earth

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Re: Instant Scenery V2

Post by speedbird591 »

Fantastic job. Bloody well done, Mike :thumbsup:

Ian :)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

As real as it gets Mike :thumbsup:

While this may have been a steep learning curve for you, I think you'll find it was probably easier than doing it 'the other' way.. having them as flying aircraft that only fly at night when you can't see them. The hassle involved getting them to point the right way and park up like that as 'live' aircraft would've been an impossible task 8)

Well done for sticking with it.. the end result justifies your hard work ;) Thanks for the HU on Instant Scenery too :thumbsup:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Have they made it work in P3D yet?

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Airspeed »

petermcleland wrote:Have they made it work in P3D yet?
Hi Peter,
There's forum chat about this here:
http://www.simforums.com/forums/instant ... P3D#248387
Good luck.

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Post by J0hn »

This is a great bit of software - I bought it as soon as it was released. You can find some huge libraries of objects around the 'net that you can use with it.

On my first play, I made a huge fairground in the middle of Seattle airport :)
Took about 30 minutes, it's so easy to get the hang of with the aid of the concise manual.

Very easy, and even good fun, to use. :thumbsup:

Just don't ask about AI... :-#

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Airspeed »

A big public thank you to Garry, who kindly helped me out with aircraft missing parts to represent the deteriorated state of some museum examples.
Some of the other authors have changed their email addresses since releasing their work, so I'll try to find other models.
Anyway, seeing as it's private use only at present, I don't think anyone can sue me for this:

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

Well done, Mike. That looks amazing. You must be feeling very pleased with yourself. I guess that's you set for life now with your favourite airport in FS. You won't want to fly anywhere else :lol:

Are they all in the correct livery now?

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Looks good Mike :thumbsup:

Nice job :)
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Airspeed »

speedbird591 wrote:Well done, Mike. That looks amazing. You must be feeling very pleased with yourself. I guess that's you set for life now with your favourite airport in FS. You won't want to fly anywhere else :lol:

Are they all in the correct livery now?

Thanks Gents! Your positive words and help keep me going.
No, Ian, the Sabre, Gannet and DC3 need attention, and I'm trying to make the Heron props and spinners transparent. Tried overpainting them R 0, G 255, B 0, and told DXTBMP to apply, (pure green is supposed to be completely transparent in that programme) but I must have missed a step somewhere, they reappeared as original colours. The Heron also has black strips behind each nacelle - they don't show on the wing texture. When I find them, they'll get their marching orders! Need to kill the spinning props on the DC3, but haven't found how to yet. I want to delete the rotor on the Wessex, but Brian Franklin hasn't got back to me. It's getting there, but not yet ideal. Thanks again for your support, it is important to me. ;)