The Walrus for FS9

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Re: The Walrus for FS9

Post by Molyned »

Fine Dave -
There's a bit of an uploading problem at Britsim currently so that's why it's at Flightsim.
Re. the 2D panel - I know the rule-of-thumb is that the panel should fill no more than the bottom 50% of the screen but then I promptly forgot that and just made the panel from a screen-shot of the V.C. one - naughty. :$
It really only performs correctly on water in FS9 and even then it needs a very careful approach speed and angle. I think FSX needs a different aircraft.cfg file as far as contact points go - not from me as I only use FS9.
Cheers :cheers:
Dave M(oly)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

I'd already presumed you'd not left it that way on purpose :lol:

Yes.. she's a bit 'agile' (if I can use that word with the Walrus) taking off from the hard stuff but again.. I put that down to the amount of poke required to get her off the wet stuff which is a lot more difficult in reality. It's not a problem in any case ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

Very nice work, thanks.

gordon-in-aberdeen
Vulcan
Vulcan
Location: Stones' throw from old Montrose Air Station (well, 4 miles anyway:-)

Post by gordon-in-aberdeen »

Lovely old bird this :agree: :lol: - having some fun with her up here. Not been on any flightsim trips for a wee while, nice to have something to tempt me to fire up ol' FS9 again.
Thanks for the effort Dave M(oly) very much appreciated. :thumbsup: :cheers: Must have a look into any more info on the old Walrus, a much ignored and forgotten beast if ever there was one.

Wee problem though, have a loook at the roundels under the lower wings Dave :worried: :hide:

Might just be me and my kit, but it happens every time if I take her out at either dusk on dawn. Looks OK on night or day times, but there seems to be some overlay happening when the day and time is changed away from night or day for some reason. Its like a texture overlay that's not matching up right.

Cracking bit of old school hardware none the less. :thumbsup: :guinn:

All-the-best

Gordon

PS, has she not got any flaps? :-# couldnt get any to work, but might just be me as usual :worried:
TTFN, Gordon
"To err is human, but to ARR is most definitely Pirate... "

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

Ah ! :$ er, thanks Gordon for catching that.
Seems I forgot to re-do the _L night bmp after I'd tweaked the _T day one. One to add to the small 'corrections list' if & when an update is called for. BTW - what you doing flying her at dusk - it's light until 23:00 these days. 8)
Flaps ? nah, nothing pansy like that, just lots of wings and wires to slow you down. There are what appear at first glance to be flaps but they just fold up in preparation for folding the wings - foxed me for some time, they did whilst building.
Cheers :cheers:
Dave M(oly)

gordon-in-aberdeen
Vulcan
Vulcan

No problem Dave, glad to be of service :thumbsup: :lol:
If its any consolation, she does it in :OB: too, slotted her in there tonight to see how she showed there, in case it was a FS9 issue, but it still shows on FSX too. Also I was going to see if I could get a better screenshot of the problem in case you needed it. Was late last night when I tried her & suddenly found for the first time in ages I couldn't take screenshots in FS9 :doh: Would you believe that was a shot on my mobile phone of the screen :lol: . I run windows on a MacBook Pro now, so suddenly noticed it doesn't have a bloomin print screen button on it :doh:
I couldn't find any other way round it that time of night 8)

Cheers Dave :cheers:

Gordon
TTFN, Gordon

rohan
Trident
Trident

Post by rohan »

Gordon,
I'm sure that you've found this by now, but in case not, the shortcut for PrntScrn is "fn + Shift + F11". I've not actually tested it myself, but I found this page when researching the use of Windows on a MacBook prior to buying the Air back in March -

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5636

Hope that helps,
regs,
Ro

;)

gordon-in-aberdeen
Vulcan
Vulcan

:excited:
Thanks for that Rohan, much appreciated. I did find the Windows screen keyboard inside accessibility settings, which helped, but that's much better :cheers:
TTFN, Gordon

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Interesting Mike??

I would of thought those delivered to Oz would just be arriving about now *-)
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

Garry wrote
Interesting Mike??

I would of thought those delivered to Oz would just be arriving about now
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Reminds me of the old chestnut about the Beverley....
' All aircraft have an airspeed indicator except the Beverley which has a calender'. :) EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!