New IFLOLS gauge at SoH

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

rohan
Trident
Trident

New IFLOLS gauge at SoH

Post by rohan »

FYI, there's a new gauge by Rob Barendregt over at SoH -

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/s ... hp?t=88626

Unfortunately, it's for FSX Acceleration only, so we can only hope that a P3Dv2 version may follow in time ...

;)

P.S. Moderators, if you think this should be in a different forum, please move it ...

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: New IFLOLS gauge at SoH

Post by DaveG »

Haven't tried it yet, but it may well work in P3d anyway. :dunno:

Edit: from the read me: " It probably works FSX-SP2 and P3DV2 as well. No guarantee though :)"
Dave G.

rohan
Trident
Trident

Post by rohan »

Yup, somewhat annoying that the info with the download at SoH states that it's for Acceleration only, but the readme in that download is as you said.

Anyway, if anyone has looked at the download they know that the gauge is only "configured" for two carriers - the default Acceleration one and Javier's Nimitz. Rob has now established a way of gaining the data necessary to add other carriers. If you want to have "your" carrier added, you should email Rob to ask for the necessary tool (his address is in that readme), then run it with the carrier and send the resulting data back to Rob. I'm not quite sure whether he plans to send a reconfigured gauge back to you, or will simply update the available download version, but either way "you" should then have a working gauge for that carrier.

Hope that helps,
regs,
Ro
;)

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Post by J0hn »

I've never done carrier ops in FSX. I've often been tempted, but not found the time. The more this kind of thing comes up, the more tempted I get.

I do have all the files - just that I spend so much time sorting stuff and so-on on my PC, new stuff (as in that which I don't already use) rarely gets a look in :(

A few months back I bought the Razzer Harrier specifically for flying with some of Rob's creations - but I've not even flown it once as yet!