Weird config

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Weird config

Post by J0hn »

Like a lot of us, I often play around with my aircraft config files, either to add more realistic values or even just to tidy things up a bit for easy oversight.

Couple of days ago doing routine maintenance on a newly downloaded model (the recent P-3 Orion from SOH) I spotted some very strange characters in the file:

I've left it at full size to keep the characters readable (ha! if you're Russian, maybe! :lol: ) but it still resizes, but you can get the main gist of them.

Any ideas why these characters would be used?

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: Weird config

Post by DaveG »

The Orion is made by Team KBT, who I think are Japanese. I assume the characters appear like that as that's the way our "western" OSs interpret the Japanese character set. They all appear in comments, so shouldn't affect the actual workings of the cfg.
Dave G.

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Post by J0hn »

Roger diddley, thanks Dave.

Although I'm a bit baffled - line 439 isn't commented out, so I wonder if it just gets ignored due to making no sense?

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by GHD »

FS looks at each [SECTION] in the aircraft.cfg and it ignores any line which is not valid for that section. eg. if flap_motor appears in the [propeller] section it is ignored. Simiarly, any "rubbish" is also ignored.
George