D.H. Fox Moth

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Re: D.H. Fox Moth

Post by cstorey »

NigelC wrote:In ANT Flying Club at Blackpool, there's a mural on the wall of the bar with a red painted Fox Moth, I think G-AOJH, and Chipmunk G-ARGG in formation, painted by a club member. Must get a shot of it next time I'm up there.
Gosh , I used to fly G-ARGG, too many years ago now to recite ( well actually 40 almost exactly) . Sad to think that Blackpool is now, of this week, a thing of the past, especially as on 30 November 1974 it saved my life by being the only field just about open when within about 20 minutes on a Sunday evening , and contrary to forecast, the whole of the UK became fogbound, and Blackpool was the only diversion field open to non-autoland equipped aircraft - we probably had sufficient fuel for Dublin but there was no guarantee that the same thing was not going to happen there

PS Curiously, it was only last Thursday that I was talking to a friend who said that his very first flight c.1949 was in a Fox from Southport Sands - possibly the very same one?

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

The waiting is over :rock: I'm pleased to announce that the D.H. 83 Fox Moth is now available over at FlightSim.com.
There are three aircraft in the package - G-ACEJ, G-ADHA & G-AOJH representing the three main canopy types.
As usual, the aircraft is built for FS9 but I'm informed will perform in FSX as well.
Cheers :cheers:
Dave M(oly)

MilesMan
Lightning
Lightning

Post by MilesMan »

The three canopy types opens up a fair few repaint possibilities David! Well done.

Peter :cheers:

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

Exactly Peter - that is the idea.
I'll post you the psp fileset this eve.
Cheers
Dave M(oly)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Thanks for the HU Dave.. off to pull a copy now :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

Lovely, lovely and at the risk of repeating myself, lovely.

Many thanks Dave.

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

Don't know how I missed this? Just had a nice little flight from Northolt to Booker. Lovely looking aeroplane and a joy to fly, well done! :welldone: Just one tiny thing, my tailwheel seems to sink into the ground, regardless of the surface. And no, it's not my poor landings as it does it as soon as you load the aircraft. Any suggestions gratefully received as I'm looking forward to having some good sessions with this beauty!

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

Glad you like it. :)
Re the tail wheel position, this is a recurring problem with FS9 aircraft as the position seems to vary with different setups on peoples computers - some are OK (like mine) others ...
The cure requires a simple change of value to the tailwheel height in the aircraft.cfg file to lift it out of the ground . As mine is OK I can't tell you what the value should be for your computer - maybe someone else who has the same problem and has cured it can help.
Cheers
Dave M(oly)

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

Thanks for that Dave. I'll have a tinker and let you know how I get on.

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

I've been fiddling about with the .cfg but nothing seems to work :dunno: Never mind, I can still get her in the air and fly her, I just have to put up with the tail disappearing on landing!