Model Converter

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Model Converter

Post by Tako_Kichi »

According to my 'Programs and Features' info I have MS .NET Framework 4.5.1 which was installed on April 20th, 2014.

I can only assume it came as part of a Windows update package as I don't remember manually updating my .NET framework in April. :dunno:

Maybe that update was when MCX started working again.
Larry

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Post by J0hn »

Yes, I have network 4 et al installed, too. I seem to remember a prog insisting it wanted NET 2, but when I went to download it, it took me to the 3.5 download automatically, so the later ones should definitely fill the requirements of the earlier versions.

If a program won't work unless it finds a certain version (say 2) I don't know what might happen. :dunno:

I do get the ModelConverterX window appear and it looks just fine, but the error message is saying it is attempting to write to protected memory. It's suggesting my memory is corrupt, but this is not the case.

Strange *-)

PS - I was definitely using this a couple of months ago to check paints. I took loads of screenshots, too, for the thumbnails.

Admin rights change nothing, Larry.

I've just tried a fresh 'install' on a different drive and it gives the same error.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Are you definitely using the latest development release John?
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Post by J0hn »

Absolutely - I know I'm a bit of a duffer these days, but do give me some credit! :lol:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

It's funny y'know.. I opened MCX up yesterday and today and didn't get the all too familiar 'a newer version exists' window from the systray ( if you don't use it for a week.. you get this reminder if you have 'check for unstable releases' ticked). So.. I went to Scenery Design Org and pulled the latest release. It turned out to be older than the one I already have! :-O

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

I know Arno (the developer) has been busy with real life recently, so nothing has been done with MCX.
Dave G.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Rgr that Dave :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Post by J0hn »

Well, I've tried both the last stable release (v1.3.0), which did work a couple of months ago, and also the dev release and both are giving the memory error. :dunno:

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

John,

I'm assuming you know to download the original stable release and then apply the developer update "over the top" of it. *-)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Post by J0hn »

Amazingly, I just started up modelconverterx and it worked! :dunno:

I'm not complaining. :-#