Model Converter

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Model Converter

Post by J0hn »

Is anyone using ModelConverterX?

I have just tried to look at it for the first time, but it's crashing on start-up, every time :(

I'm wondering if it's a Win7 or 64bit thing. *-)

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: Model Converter

Post by DaveG »

Works fine for me on Win7-64.
Are you using the latest development release? http://www.scenerydesign.org/development-releases/
Dave G.

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

I used to use MCX a lot for checking models and textures but at some point last year it simply stopped working and now I get the same as you, just refuses to start in Win 7 64 bit.

I've even tried removing MCX and all traces of it and re-installing the latest version and still no go.

It's very frustrating as it's a very useful tool and I depended on it when I migrated an entire model from one modeling program to another.
Larry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

This is odd. I use MCX quite a lot with Win7-64 and it works fine for me too :dunno: Can't imagine what the answer might be *-) I use the latest development release like Dave but I did have to select this option. It worked out of the box with WinXP and checked for the LDR automatically but I remember I had to select it with Win7. Other than that.. it's worked fine and never crashed the system *-)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Post by J0hn »

Thanks for your comments.

I did download the latest version, yes. I was going to see if it would be useful for checking repaints without having to go into FSX/P3D. I did use something quite recently for that purpose, but I don't know which programme it was, any more. 8)

I'm just doing an online course in Corel Painter X with the intention of using it for painting in these sims and DCS World. After using it as my main paint prog for about 15 years, I think Paint Shop Pro 5 has finally had its day! :lol:

Hold on a sec... am I getting mixed up? Is this the prog I would use to adjust NDB ranges?

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

Out of pure idle curiosity I just tried to run MCX again and bugger me if the darn thing isn't working perfectly again despite refusing to work for months of trying! :wall: :dunno: :rant:

I then Dl'd the supposed latest version and that seems to be working too although I did get a prompt telling me there was a newer version so I'm not sure if I have the latest version or not (for interest I'm now running v1.4.0.0 r2863).

Not sure what stopped it working on my system but it appears to be working again now.

BTW John you may want to make sure you have given the .exe file admin rights (right-click on it and then select 'Properties', then select the 'Compatibility' tab and make sure 'Run the program as an Administrator' is checked then close all the windows. I seem to remember having a few issues with various FSX tools until I had done that to the respective .exe files.
Larry

Nick M
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Nick M »

Just thought I'd chip-in to say I've also been using Model Converted X in Win7-64 with no probs. What a godsend it's been too for viewing paintjobs in progress! With nVidia Inspector, it's also possible to apply high levels of anti-aliasing and aniso-whatsit and produce very crisp visuals indeed. :)

Cheers,
Nick

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Looking at the manual, it requires M$ .NET V2.0. Have you got that installed?
Dave G.

rohan
Trident
Trident

Post by rohan »

In theory, that means it should run fine if you have .NET v4.0 or later installed without having v2.0 installed as well. I'd be interested to know if anyone has it running with this configuration, but I suspect that the real v2.0 is always going to be required. Thanks in advance for any input,
regs,
Ro
:OB:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Ro :hello:

I've just checked my installed progs and I only have .NET Framework 4 Client Profile and .NET Framework 4 Extended :)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!