FSX Ship: Norwegian Pearl

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Larry_R
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Re: FSX Ship: Norwegian Pearl

Post by Larry_R »

Hi folks,
I'm very glad to see the screen shots of my pilotable Norwegian Pearl on this forum. Maybe there are in fact a few others in this world interested in what I'm doing. In that light, perhaps I can mention that I've just recently posted a pilotable Washington State Ferry, the MV Kaleetan. When I get a chance, I'll update the aircraft.cfg for the Norwegian Pearl to reflect what I've since learned in working on the Kaleetan.

Larry

https://larobinson22.wordpress.com/

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Larry,

Thanks for your post. I'm sure MV Kaleetan will be great too! Many thanks for them :thumbsup:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

FlyTexas wrote:by FlyTexas » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:58 am
Sunrise - Dublin to Aberporth Bay. I promise, no more cruise ship screenies...after I reach Isle of Wight. :hide:
DaveB wrote:by DaveB » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:31 am
Smashin' Brian.. you keep 'em coming :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
Ok Dave, if you insist. :lol: Believe it or not, the voyage of the Norwegian Pearl did not end with the above screenie. Many months ago I reached Isle of Wight. From there the Pearl followed the coast until crossing the channel to Zeebrugge, Belgium...where she spent a few months gathering dust. :$ She recently sailed from Zeebrugge to her current position in the River Tyne. I'd like to complete her voyage back to where it began at Douglas on the Isle of Man, but I don't know if I'm up to circumnavigating Scotland. :help: Does anyone know of a very wide and deep canal which can take the Pearl from Newcastle upon Tyne to the west coast of the UK? :lol:

Brian

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

In a word.. NO :lol:

Nice try though :cpu:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

:lol: That's what I was afraid of. I think the Pearl's extended journey will end at Berwick upon Tweed. That seems to be the last port before reaching Scotland. I never would've dreamed that a short trip from Isle of Man to Liverpool would end two and a half years later at Berwick upon Tweed. :lol: It has been a lot of fun, though. :)

Brian

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Well that didn't take long. :lol: The Norwegian Pearl has safely arrived at Berwick upon Tweed thus completing her two and a half year odyssey. :) Huge thanks to Larry Robinson who built the Norwegian Pearl. She's a great model. :thumbsup: The final screenies can be seen below.

Leaving the River Tyne.

Passing the Farne Islands Nature Reserve.

Holy Island!

Berwick upon Tweed...finally. ;)

Brian