FSX AI: WIP - RMS Laconia

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

FSX AI: WIP - RMS Laconia

Post by FlyTexas »

I'm taking a little break from sailing the FSX 'Norwegian Pearl' to spend some quality time with RMS Laconia. :) This ship began her virtual life as a generic AI 'target' in another sim game. Sometime after the game was released another modeler updated the ship to resemble the RMS Laconia. :thumbsup: Here's a screenie of her having a rough day at sea in her previous life. :-O

Once I saw her on a forum I knew I had to have her. :lol: I contacted the modeler and received permission to convert her for use outside of the game. What you see below is how she looks today...a mere six years after I began work on her. :doh:

A recent 'eureka moment' with ModelConverterX got me to thinking about my old love, RMS Laconia. So after a bit of 3D fiddling and plenty of blue language (which frightened the cat), she's now in the tranquil waters of FSX...a long way from her previous violent life as a target for U-boats. :lol: There's still plenty of work to do on her but I thought I'd post a pic of the lady who still holds my heart after all these years. ;)

Brian

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: FSX AI: WIP - RMS Laconia

Post by DaveB »

That's excellent Brian :rock: I have a mooring ready and waiting :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Lovely stuff Brian! :welldone:
Very sad story behind this, isn't it?

On a lighter note, glad to see someone else can have a WIP for 6 years!
It's not procrastination, it's just getting the right circumstances and the time to do it properly. ;)

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Thanks fellas. :) I'll try to remember your comment about procrastination Mike the next time Mrs. FlyTexas is giving me grief about mowing the lawn. :lol: For anyone not familiar with the story of RMS Laconia here's a short video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0XMt-wCgUs

Brian