Problems with 'addons' and AI flight plans

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

paul26may
Lightning
Lightning

Problems with 'addons' and AI flight plans

Post by paul26may »

This is driving me nuts! Having had few problems in the past with downloads and AI flight plans etc. I am finding that every time I download an HJG (for example) and now when using AIFP to create a flight plan I am repeatedly being denied access and have to go into the file to unblock security. Is there a simple way to stop this? :'(

emfrat
Concorde
Concorde
Location: 50 DME West of Brisbane, Ugarapul and Kitabul country in Sunny Qld

Re: Problems with 'addons' and AI flight plans

Post by emfrat »

That sounds like you have your FS installed in the default location, so UAC is protecting it. To get around this:
1 - right-click on the HJG installer and select "Run as Administrator"
2 - find the AIFP. exe file, right-click that and then left click "Run as Administrator". You can also right-click on the desktop shortcut icon, select Properties>Advanced and check the "run as Admin" option there.

The real solution is to install FS outside the Program Files area. Mine lives in C:\FS10, and within that I have an "FS Utilities" folder where I install AIFP and suchlike tools.
Hope this helps

ATB
MikeW

paul26may
Lightning
Lightning

Post by paul26may »

That really does help, thank you. As I said in 20 years of using FS I have never encountered such an irritating and ongoing issue such as this! :welldone:

paul26may
Lightning
Lightning

Post by paul26may »

PS.

I hope your boys come over and do Wigan in February! :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone:

emfrat
Concorde
Concorde
Location: 50 DME West of Brisbane, Ugarapul and Kitabul country in Sunny Qld

Post by emfrat »

It's always nice to have a win :cheers:

paul26may
Lightning
Lightning

Post by paul26may »

Especially over the pie eaters! I just hope we (the Saints of course) can put up a good performance against the Bunnies! :guinn: :guinn: :guinn: :guinn: :guinn: :guinn: