Shipping Request for Help

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

PaulC
VC10
VC10

Shipping Request for Help

Post by PaulC »

Hello Chaps,

Ok, sadly I'm going to have to admit defeat here and just ask if anyone knows or can create what I'm after- I've tried but I just can't get it right.

I'm after an AI package with shipping in it. The idea is that my cadet Squadron is going to use the flight simulator to do maritime reconnaissance sorties. They'll be flying a Nimrod out of Kinloss.
I tried to create random routes for Soviet Naval ships so they could potter about in the North Sea and up by Scandinavia but I just haven't got the ability, despite help from Ben!!

I don't need to know the routes, just that there's a fair few ships out there for us to find as our FSTramp also detects shipping.

Anyone know of any pre-done packages that simulate this?

We have the AI Carriers but that's not random enough in its placing of he ships, nor are there enough.

I hate asking for things to be given, I really tried but sadly, it's not in my narrow scope of ability!!!

Thanks,

Paul

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Shipping Request for Help

Post by GHD »

So you want ships patrolling between Scotland, Iceland and scandinavia?

How many routes and, is this for FSX?
George

PaulC
VC10
VC10

Post by PaulC »

Hello!
Yes, that's about it!
I'm not sure on routes, but enough so that they can find some but not too many to make it easy!!

Paul

Effoh
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Effoh »

Hi Paul :hello:

Don't know if this of any use? I use it and have certainly seen shipping in Scottish waters. All merchant traffic, no military.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/459116-globa ... d-support/
Rgds,

Colin
Gentleman (n.) Someone who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by GHD »

PaulC wrote: I'm not sure on routes, but enough so that they can find some but not too many to make it easy!!
It is easy enough to create flightplans, but we both need the same boat models.

The other problem is that boats don't travel very fast and the sea is a very big place.

This plan takes 6 days to complete:

George