BUNTY aka CIVILIAN COUPE Mk2

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

BUNTY aka CIVILIAN COUPE Mk2

Post by Dev One »

Now available for download at Britsim. Bunty_v1.0.zip

YouTube video here : https://youtu.be/cKhyqqrXnmI

Soon to be also available at Flightsim.

Big thank you to Scorpious for the Genet sound file & to Ted Cook for .xml assistance.

Designed for FS9 it will portover to FSX & I understand to P3D, both with the usual caveats.

Now if anyone can get the dsd_fsx sound file to work in FSX..........please let me know I can then update the FSX version
Keith

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: BUNTY aka CIVILIAN COUPE Mk2

Post by DaveG »

Thanks Keith, downloaded. :thumbsup:
Dev One wrote:Now if anyone can get the dsd_fsx sound file to work in FSX..........please let me know I can then update the FSX version
Working on it... :cpu:
Dave G.

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

DaveG wrote:Thanks Keith, downloaded. :thumbsup:
Dev One wrote:Now if anyone can get the dsd_fsx sound file to work in FSX..........please let me know I can then update the FSX version
Working on it... :cpu:
I had one h**l of a job understanding the linking sequence for the fsx version, I just could not get it to operate the 'Contact' call. You will obviously need to use the FS9 set up to get that bit 'cos I've deleted the .xml for the Left Mag switch.
Hope that hasn't confused you....
Keith

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Got the sounds working, having modified the FS9 panel.cfg to call the dsd_fsx_xml_sound gauge, and altered that paths a bit. The sequence seems to work correctly, but the engine doesn't actually start! :wall:
This is in P3d, but I'm just going to swap over to FSX and see if it works there.
Dave G.

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

I think you will have to try the FS9 panel.cfg & the Bunty starterVC left.xml. The FSX equivalent does not invoke the time delay. You might also need to use the bunty eng1 mag_R1.xml, as this switches both mags off. Only trouble I found is that it doesn't seem to trigger the engine shutdown sound.
If you get the fsx sound gauge working it should work also for FS9 - or so I believe.
Good luck
Keith

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Hi Keith,

I used the complete FS9 panel.cfg, rather than the FSX one, only changing the sound gauge entry.
Dave G.

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Ahhh. This morning my brain awoke...I remember that in FSX using the FS9 left mag xml to invoke the time delay before engine start, one had to do a second click once the prop had rotated, this switched off the LH toggle but the engine then fired up because the RH mag was switched on. There must be a slightly different logic built into FSX for engine start than FS9 methinks. One could then reclick the LH toggle to put it to ON without any other change happening.
Keith

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

The prop doesn't even turn over. Some changes to the code needed me thinks. :cpu:
Anyway, as far as the sound gauge goes, these are the changes I made to get them to work.
In the panel.cfg, I changed the gauge02 entry to:

Code: Select all

gauge02=dsd_fsx_xml_sound!sound,  0,0,5,5,.\SimObjects\Airplanes\Bunty\Panel\Cockpit_Sounds\Cockpit_Sound.ini
but also had to change the cockpit_sound.ini thus:

Code: Select all

[Sounds]

Sound00=/Switch_Sound.wav
Sound01=/Aus_starter.wav
Dave G.

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

DaveG, Thank you very much for that, I can now experiment in FSX having got the sound working. Will keep you informed.
Keith

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Been experimenting in FSX & can get the engine to start the same way as in FS9. I just cannot stop though the Contact call when switching off that tumbler in both FS9 & FSX. Most annoying as I can get it to say Contact on switch off, without it saying Contact at switch on, so have not found the reverse action that I would like!!!
Cannot get either the dsd_fsx sound to work in FS9, but again thats not a real problem as the older version works OK, but obviously I have been able to confirm DaveG's path method for FSX.
BTW have you seen TuFuns video in P3D over at SoH?
Will update when possible - busy tomorrow in the real world...
Keith