Defiant

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Defiant

Post by Molyned »

The apparent size is partially due to the weird false perspective produced by FlightSim.
Here's what I've been working from -
Although the face still shows a slighly different lights layout currently - note some bounder has nicked the clock !
BTW Mike, the shot you've posted is from the MK2 pilots notes with a slightly different layout - something that's continually caused me confusion during the build (easily done).
Cheers :cheers:
Dave M(oly)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yup.. the perspective shown in that shot is false too making everything at the top large and at the bottom.. very small. Wonder which gauge actually went where the LL indicator is? Can't imagine they'd have made a panel facing for a particular type of gauge then thrown an odd one onto it *-) That one looks like its been there a long time mind you.
Think there's a black Defiant at Hendon. Quite surprised at just how big they are. That said.. if the arrangement hasn't changed, there's a Stuka in the same area and the size of that shocked me even more :-O

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

Well here's another shot of the MK1 cockpit - if you look closely, there's a more normal gauge in the same hole.
I suspect that the colour photo is either of the cockpit of the Hendon Defiant (the exterior of which I've seen) or of the mockup built by the old Defiant Wolverhampton museum group.
Either way, as you know, museums are not averse to mucking about with stuff, so their exhibits can't always be taken to represent total accuracy. :-O
Cheers :cheers:
Dave M(oly)

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

That's looking really good Dave. :thumbsup:
Dave G.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Indeed mate. I know from experience that if a museum has a hole in a panel.. they'll fill it with whatever fits :lol:

For sure.. with the landing gear indicator where it is, you can see the need for the day/night lamp switch in the middle :lol:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by dfarrow »

Guys , Bit late on parade , but the ''gauge '' in the top right ....................
'' Well here's another shot of the MK1 cockpit - if you look closely, there's a more normal gauge in the same hole '' .
Looks to me like an old fashioned aircraft clock [ could be an 8 day ] or stopwatch . Much prized when a type goes out of service .

T3 G-AWZZ, delivered to Brum Fire services Nov'84

Stopwatch only as we didn't have tools to remove the clock !

rgds dave f