ARROW ACTIVE Mk II

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

ARROW ACTIVE Mk II

Post by Dev One »

Currently at the back of the hangar as you can see....sorry for the gaudy colours & yes, plenty more to do exterior as well as interior.
Keith

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: ARROW ACTIVE Mk II

Post by Paul K »

That looks good, Keith. I'm not familiar with the aircraft, but there's a hint of the S.E.5a about it, don't you think ?

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

Different Keith ! looking forward to seeing the brass gauges and switches in due course :OB:
Cheers :cheers:
Dave M(oly)

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Paul K wrote:That looks good, Keith. I'm not familiar with the aircraft, but there's a hint of the S.E.5a about it, don't you think ?
Yes from some angles she has that air about her, & she lives a lot nearer you than it does me! She is at the Real Aeroplane Company, Breighton.
Only two ever made, the first was owned by Alex Henshaw from which he had to bale out of when it caught fire! The MkII had some differences. I remember seeing her for the first time at Fairoaks in the late '50's when I was learning to fly there; she had broken an undercart strut on landing I think & I was surprised to see she has a large dia tubular spar on the lower (sesquiplane) wing.

Dave; yes polished brass in the cockpit, more wingfold problems maybe, although she does seem to have been inhibited from folding in some photos.
I am also thinking I might be brave & make her FSX native.....but don't hold your breath on that score!!!

Keith

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Look forward to seeing more WIP Keith. ;)
A rare project!