TAYLORCRAFT MODEL PLUS C AUSTER

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Re: TAYLORCRAFT MODEL PLUS C AUSTER

Post by Molyned »

A small correction Dave G - the expertise & knowledge of the Austers flying characteristics came from Martin who has many hours stick time.
I was really just the 'brickie and paint slapper-onner' .
Cheers :cheers:
Dave M(oly)

Bob Lomas
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Bob Lomas »

Molyned wrote:The instructions for handling the 'glass' files are given with the aircraft in 'Auster Installation and notes.txt - here they are -
'A better FSX glass texture is included to replace the FS9 versions. To use, you will need to make two copies of FSXglass, renaming one GLASS.bmp and the other GLASS_VC.bmp '
No. Dave Garwoods Auster J1 is modelled specifically for FSX, mine was made for FS9 use but will work tolerably well in FSX.
Dave M(oly)
Thank you again Dave. Whilst looking for your Taylorcraft I came across a picture of a Walrus, it didn't say it was one of your models but I assumed it was. If so is it available for FSX? As a boy I use to watch them flying in and out of Shoreham, a fascinating aeroplane and if available a good one for my sim hanger.

Best Wishes, Bob Lomas.

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

Yes Bob, the Walrus is one of mine. It's available at Flightsim.com.
It's an FS9 model which, as usual, will perform reasonably well in FSX.
Dave M(oly)

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Molyned wrote: It's an FS9 model which, as usual, will perform reasonably well in FSX.
Dave M(oly)
Bob, IIRC though, if you have problems landing on water in FSX you might need to adjust your crash tolerance.
Keith

Bob Lomas
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Bob Lomas »

Walrus all downloaded and in the correct fsx files but it refuses to go into FSX. Bob.

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Can't be much help I'm afraid as I've just unzipped my downloaded copy (supermarine_walrus-1.zip dated 20/6/13) into FSX & it works OK, including having the thumbnail show in the selection page.
Keith