TAYLORCRAFT MODEL PLUS C AUSTER

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

TAYLORCRAFT MODEL PLUS C AUSTER

Post by Molyned »

I received a request to make my old Taylorcraft Plus C Auster a little more FSX friendly. Having done this (repaired the windows), I've just uploaded the aircraft to Flightsim - so it should appear there in the next couple of days. Although not the fastest or most roomiest Auster, it was the very first one and so merits a place in history. :agree:
Cheers :cheers:
Dave M(oly)

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: TAYLORCRAFT MODEL PLUS C AUSTER

Post by DaveB »

Nice one Dave :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

What a Champion you are! :welldone:

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

I note that you are following the Long Grass policy......
Keith

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

Yes Keith - I parked the Auster in the long grass at Plockton as a subtle hint that the model works OK in FSX.
It's now available from Flightsim.com
I should add that this is quite an old model which has been up at Britsim for some time. I've taken the opportunity to fix an FSX anomaly with the door windows .
Dave M(oly)

Bob Lomas
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Bob Lomas »

This is my kind of aeroplane and your model looks very good. Having started flying Austers in the Army and later flying an L-4 for some twenty five years, now too old to fly I enjoy a sim hanger of Auster Piper types and would like to include yours. Included in my collection is Dave's J1 and BjornBuchner's Mk 5, a model I used to fly but unfortunately Bjorn's model has no sound! Is your model available please? Bob Lomas.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

It's available at Flightsim.com Bob. Filename is auster-taylorcraft-model-plus-c.zip

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

Bob - you may also be interested in the following build of mine -
auster_aop-9_fs2004.zip also at Flightsim.
I see you already have the J1.
Dave M(oly)

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Thanks Dave for the upped version. Just noticed that Flightsim.com did their occasional interview with designers which I missed somehow.
Alex

Bob Lomas
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Bob Lomas »

Thank you Dave, your Taylorcraft ‘C’ installed and flying nicely, very similar to the AOP 4, a nice model. My only concern is the rather opaque windscreen as I tend to fly as per CATO as I was taught all those years ago and when low flying especially in inclement weather any restriction of forward view doesn’t help.

I recognised the pilot of course as I have and enjoy your AOP 9, in my youth I only progressed to an AOP 7. Also in my sim hanger is the AOP 11 which I thought was also one of your creations. I have a large collection of military models mostly WW II as I have put together an ATA ‘fly and deliver ‘ game but the sim model I fly most is the AOP 11, as a lightplane it has just about everything. If only we had had this model, but the Army was looking for a wider scope aircraft hence the Beaver with its greater payload and it could fly the airways but it was of limited use as a low level observation aeroplane due to its poor visibility but at that time of course the rotary wing was coming in.

As an aside I have attempted to copy the sound of several appropriate models into Bjorn’s AOP 5 but I have very limited understanding of computers consequently I did not succeed.

On these pages I see mention of scenery for Rearsby, unfortunately on my Horizon photographic there is no sign of its existence, perhaps you can advise me.

Kind Regards, Bob Lomas.