COMPER STREAK BETA TESTERS PLEASE

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: COMPER STREAK BETA TESTERS PLEASE

Post by blanston12 »

I downloaded from flightsim.com and gave it a try, the prop disk problem is fixed but the Cockpit_sound.ini not found is still an issue but not really a problem as it still sounds like a piston engine, I don't get the 'contact' sound.

One issue I have with this AC, which is something I was reluctant to mention at first, is something kevin touched when he mentioned that there is no 'definition' to the Throttle and Mixture leavers, its really not just these leavers, that have this issue, its pretty much all the surfaces look over saturated and without much shading. It does look better in FSX than P3D but I think it would look better if things were toned down a little.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Joe, I appreciate all comments so that I can hopefully improve my next one. It is only through comments from these forums that one can gain knowledge of how they work for others.
Glad the Prop disc OK now in P3D, but I think DaveG mentioned that P3D does not seem to have the sound.ini, & of course its something I cannot test!
My intention with the throttles etc & fishplates was to leave them as anodised Aluminium or natural stainless & rely purely on the sim graphics to provide shading, must therefore experiment some more, but what I find annoying is that where items are under the cockpit roof they still react as if there is no roof. Is that because I'm working in FS9 I wonder?
Keith

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Hi Keith,
Your inclusion of "Contact" in the start sequence has piqued my interest.
I might play with some of my modern GA sounds, and insert "prop clear!" (This, despite my voice not sounding anything like it does on a recorder :lol: :lol:)
EDIT: I've just located the word in cockpit sounds, I was wondering where it was hiding! *-)

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

blanston12 wrote:I downloaded from flightsim.com and gave it a try, the prop disk problem is fixed but the Cockpit_sound.ini not found is still an issue but not really a problem as it still sounds like a piston engine, I don't get the 'contact' sound.
Hi Joe

I get the same message from P3D. This is due to the sound.ini file being in a different location to that which the Panel.cfg file is looking. This happens on many aircraft within P3D if the aircraft is installed outside of the main P3D Simobjects folder.
You can fix it by going into the Panel.cfg file using notepad.
Scroll down to [vcockpit01] and find gauge00
the path needs to be changed from default to the location of the sound.ini file.

From your previous post regarding the error, you must have installed the Comper Streak in -

c:\users\joe\Custom_aircraft\SimObjects\Airplanes

You can fix it by going into the Panel.cfg file using notepad.
Scroll down to [vcockpit01] and find gauge00

the path needs to be changed from default to the location of the sound.ini file.

In your case this will be from

gauge00=dsd_fsx_xml_sound!sound, 0,0,5,5,.\SimObjects\Airplanes\Comper Streak\Panel\Cockpit_Sounds\Cockpit_Sound.ini

to

gauge00=c:\users\joe\Custom_aircraft\SimObjects\Airplanes\Comper Streak\panel\dsd_fsx_xmk_sound.ini

I'm not certain that this will fix the 'Contact' announcement, but it will stop you getting the error message.

Regards

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Airspeed wrote:Hi Keith,
Your inclusion of "Contact" in the start sequence has piqued my interest.
I might play with some of my modern GA sounds, and insert "prop clear!" (This, despite my voice not sounding anything like it does on a recorder :lol: :lol:)
EDIT: I've just located the word in cockpit sounds, I was wondering where it was hiding! *-)
Hmmm, surely the call 'Clear Prop' is used when the aircraft has a self starter as opposed to the call 'Contact' which would ideally activate before the switch toggle moves, as called by the Prop swinger. Needs some sort of delay in reverse to what I've programmed!
Keith

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Airspeed »

I wasn't criticising your sound set, Keith.
When I was doing lessons, we called "Prop clear" through the open clearview just before turning the starter switch.
I can understand the difference between the two calls, and why the prop turner needs to know that magnetos are on.
I was suggesting that I add it to modern GA, so I agree, it would relate to electric starters. :agree:
Hope this clears any misunderstanding. :)

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Mike, no offence taken, its just a pity that one cannot type with a voice pattern that sounds tongue in cheek.........

I suppose in the Northern hemisphere the call is 'Clear Prop' whilst in the southern it would be the reverse ...is this the Coriolis effect I wonder?
Keith :hide:

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Airspeed »

It's probably more likely my memory failing. :doh: :worried:
It was 20 years ago, and I only had about 6 lessons.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Just though I would post some screen shots so you can see what it looks like to me.

FSX, Exterior:

FSX Interior:

P3D Exterior:

P3d Interior:
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Joe, Thank you for those shots, I can now see (but not understand) your problem in P3D. It seems to be very bland & my attempt at darkening the interior in order to try to provide some shade appears to have the opposite effect, or maybe its the alpha layer?

Regards
Keith