COMPER STREAK BETA TESTERS PLEASE

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Re: COMPER STREAK BETA TESTERS PLEASE

Post by Molyned »

Keith - just finished my test flights having been at SWMBO's command all day 8) These comments are all using the revised config & air files...
FSX first - very nice - flying to the numbers. The only 'funny' was with starting - needs a lot of fiddling to get the engine to fire & hold using the mag switches and Cntrl-E (as you warn in the readme) .Other than that it's a nice stable machine once you've set the pitch trim. Love the gear controls :rock: .
FS9 - I'm puzzled - there's a problem with my setup somewhere - I can't get the gear to retract or lower no matter what I do. But, it's nothing to do with your aircraft as the gear action (G) works with some of my FS9 stuff but not others. Not withstanding that the aircraft behaves like it does FSX although I can't complete a full test sequence.
I feel it's ready to be published. :agree:
Cheers :cheers:
Dave M(oly)

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

I find though prop in FS doesn't seem to give the correct amount of resistance with throttle closed as in the real world.(Thinks- Wonder if I have to play with the engine friction curves?)
Keith

Sorry Keith, what curves did you say you were going to play with? I got distracted for a moment.

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Mike, If you download my updated config & air files from my Dropbox as noted in my message yesterday 6th at 15:27. I've modified table 508.
BTW Curves in france are virages - at least when referring to driving....oh la la!

Dave, Thank you. Yes FSX is very wierd for engine start....Undercart in FS9, now thats a new one - what frame rate are you set to? Suggest set to 30+ & try, might be that 20 fps hiccup?
Keith

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Hi Keith,
Mais oui, I did download those amendments.
They certainly improved the engine reaction, and corresponding drop in airspeed.
Don't want to sound like a whinger, but I still have to pull that trim a long way back to keep the nose up. Once it's settled into cruise, the lightest touch of aileron demands pulling back the stick.
Having recovered from the descent, it takes quite some fiddling to settle down again. Still, it's a racer, not a tourer. :lol:
Using those new files, I managed two landings, the first too fast and a big bounce on the runway, the second less bounce, but on the grass beside the runway. I'll get there eventually!

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Mike, Thanks, off out now, but will see if I can reproduce the trim on my laptop & if it does make some mods
Keith

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

Another day - diferent world ...
Don't ask me what I'd done Keith but the undercarriage behaves normally now on all aircraft in FS9 & FSX including the Streak at all frame rates up to 'unlimited'.
I can only blame the drink I'd had at dinner milord . :$
Dave M(oly)

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Have done a few mods to the air file & config to give a bit bigger range of elevator trim, & increased the pitch down coefficient with undercart down.
The prop problem for P3D has hopefully been resolved also.
Its now been uploaded to Flightsim so might be available in a day or so.
I've unfortunately been unable to reproduce the elev trim problem, but then I recommend that one does not touch the trim until one reaches your desired cruising or flat out speed. Below cruise speed does need a lot of trim, but one can chase your tail.
Thank you for your comments, very much appreciated, so now onto the next obvious one.....the two seater version.
Keith

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

Thaks Keith - another good'un for the stable.
Dave M(oly)

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

Hi Keith

Like Joe, I've shoehorned it into P3Dv3 (I realise that it's not really meant for this platform). And likewise, I see the black prop from behind (no prop visible from in front of the aircraft).
I feel that it handles extremely well (not that I've flown the real thing!). My only negative comment, is with regard to the view within the VC. To me, there is no 'definition' to the Throttle and Mixture leavers (this extends to the cabling from the leavers). They just look white and very 'flat'. I've checked with the 'cockpit.jpg' JPEG that comes with the download and this looks the same. Perhaps some colouring/shading could be added to increase '3D' effect.
Please don't take my comments the wrong way. I much appreciate all of your hard work and only add my observations.

Thanks for a wonderful aircraft (and many previous ones).

Regards

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Kevin, she is now available at FlightSim, where I have changed the back texture of the prop disc.
Yes understand what you are saying re: the shading or lack of on the throttles etc, will try to take that into account & be better on the next.
Keith