BETA testers for my HENDY 302 please

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: BETA testers for my HENDY 302 please

Post by blanston12 »

Ok Keith, I'm willing to experiment and give it a try, if you have a PSD file for the textures I have P3D and a copy of photo shop plus I found a couple online guides to give some hits. I will pm you my email so you can send me the file. I have not done this before so no promises that my efforts will amount to anything.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

AllanL wrote:Out of curiosity, how are you setting the dynamics to simulate spinning - given the limitations of FS9 ?

Might this be what is giving you headaches in the flight dynamics?
Allan, sorry your image did not display for me!
I'm still experimenting, but most of my previous models I have been able to make spin in both FS9 & FSX. This model though has given me more headaches than usual & cannot find out why!
Keith

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

blanston12 wrote:Ok Keith, I'm willing to experiment and give it a try, if you have a PSD file for the textures I have P3D and a copy of photo shop plus I found a couple online guides to give some hits. I will pm you my email so you can send me the file. I have not done this before so no promises that my efforts will amount to anything.
Joe, Thanks for offer, I will convert my .psp layered texture & then transmit later today. Good luck with them - I am a notoriously untidy textureist!
Keith

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AllanL »

I can see what you've done to simulate flopping round the sky in a stall.

FS9 is heavily compromised, or does a lot quite cheaply - take your pick, so in the absence of an aerodynamic spin sticking the dumbbell mass locations forward between the wheels and trimming the inertias is about all you can do.

The art of the compromise is keeping the handling in the majority of the envelope acceptable, while trying to force similitude in the "spin". As a plane that spent it's days variously as a tourer, air-taxi and engine test bed it probably did not spend too much time spiralling about.

I do hope you did not force such indignities on the flight dynamics of Bunty, I always think of Bunty as the Joyce Grenfell of classic British aviation.

Stately as a galleon at all times. :)

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

As the aircraft was classified as aerobatic, then I think I should try to make it spinable. I think all aircraft are really spinable - except for a very few, its just that some are not safe to spin - or able to recover - with reasonable ease.
I am still adjusting the FDE for the Hendy, & have got a set up for FS9, which doesn't seem to work in FSXA, & vice versa, so I must be able to get a happy medium.
Bunty will spin gracefully ( or is that stately like a Galleon?) in FS9 to the right, a little wobbly to the left; in FSXA she will spin to the right, but not to the left. Don't know if any one ever tried spins in the real aircraft, possibly Martlesham did it in C of A trials.
I have though also amended the stall so that it recovers better when holding the stick back, rather than do a total flop!
Keith

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8fknkxg36x96e ... E.zip?dl=0

Beta testers, here is my latest attempt at resolving the FDE which I hope will suit most Simmers. It has proved to be a very difficult one & must be due to the aircraft dimensions & to a certain extent the requirement for a very high coefficient of lift if the quoted stall speed is correct i.e. not subject to a position error!
The Readmes describe my results - hope you are as good if not better & are also an average result between FS9 & FSXA.
Keith

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Any comments on my updated FDE please?
Keith

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

OK Keith, I've finished my chores for the day so I've now test flown the aircraft in both FS9& FSX.
My very boring report is that there is nothing untoward to report - it flies like it should for the era.
I did try a tentative spin in FS9 but ceased quickly as I felt rather peely-wally. Didn't want to throw up over that very snazzy suit. :lol:
Time to publish Keith -
Cheers :cheers:
Dave M(oly)

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Thank you Dave, How is your latest doing?
Keith

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

Very very near ready for beta Keith - next week ?
Cheers :party:
Dave M(oly)