BETA testers for my HENDY 302 please

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

BETA testers for my HENDY 302 please

Post by Dev One »

I hope all these links work!!!
Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

For the Beta download at my Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/22g73i9j6w9da ... %20302.zip?
Comments please to this forum.

I have tested in FS9 & FSX Acc & FSX Sp2 - there are some funnies, so please read the Readme before trying to fly!
Keith

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Re: BETA testers for my HENDY 302 please

Post by Airspeed »

"Error connecting. no such host is known. The name is not an official hostname or alias.....etc"
Strange, as yours usually work for me, Keith. *-)
It could be connected with the tech blokes putting fibre underground. We've had more than usual messages about Google "not existing, please check spelling"!

EDIT 21:18....all seems normal now, downloaded thanks.
Last edited by Airspeed on 01 Mar 2017, 10:18, edited 1 time in total.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I downloaded her and took her for a spin in P3D 3.3, she flys pretty easy, no bad habits I can see. Gave her full throttle and she was a bit sluggish starting off but got going ok. On landing I could apply full breaks and she did not try to flip over tail first (thats a good thing).

Biggest issue I see is that the textures seam very low contrast/flat from what I can see. Here are some screenies.

You can see no definition in the interior area.

This guys un-blinking stare kinda freaked me out.

With these two, one in sun and one in shadow you can see how flat it looks.

I think if you can increase the reflectiveness of the textures (however you do that), I think it will look much better.

Overall a pretty decent effort, well done.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Joe,
Thanks, my last one had a similar problem IIRC in P3D - don't know how to cure that, 'cos its quite shiny in both FS9 & FSXA. My screenshots are from FSXA. Now the exterior textures have an alpha layer, but the interior textures do not, so I am foxed!
Slow start needing full throttle due to having a tail skid setting in the contact points which adds to the drag.

Mike, it looks as if it might be a link problem at your end - or anywhere 'tween you & me - thats a long way! Keep trying it might get there!
Keith

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Brian, reporting for beta duty. :fly: ;) Running FSX/SP2. First off, I love your choice of subjects. All of my buttons are duly pressed. :lol: The only thing out of the ordinary I've come across is this. The knobs on the sliding windows show a window open/close tooltip as well as a Engine 1 mag switch-both tooltip. That's all for now. She's a beauty, Keith! :thumbsup:

Brian

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Brian,
Thank you. I don't have a problem with the prop after shutting off, although it does take a long time to run down as I think I've timed it to match the sound; but do have a problem for starting hence in the FSX Panel.cfg need gauges 04 & 05 in [Vcockpit02] which is not perfect either. Anyway found the reason for the tooltip - its because for some reason it reads the glass texture for the sliding windows - same for the front windscreen - that gives the tooltip for the compass! How? Dunno! Anyway to get rid of the window tooltip modify the FSX panel.cfg for [Vcockpit02]

gauge04=Hendy!Hendy starter2D right,920,900,10,20
gauge05=Hendy!Hendy eng1 mag_L2,880,900,10,20

I find now that the engine will start if you first click on the RH toggle, wait till the Left toggle trips & the re hit the Right toggle & return to On once the engine fires - you will though get a second 'Contact' call!
Doesn't seem to happen in FS9

Keith

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Thanks Keith. The tooltip fix worked like a charm. :thumbsup: The issue with the flicking prop appears to have been caused by a loose nut in the cockpit...me. :doh: :lol: I shut the engine off using the keyboard instead of using the left magneto switch, like you state in your readme. My bad. :$

Brian
Last edited by FlyTexas on 01 Mar 2017, 10:59, edited 1 time in total.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Just a FYI, reflective surfaces on FS9 models do not work in P3d, hence the flat finish.
Dave G.

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

DaveG, Thanks for the reflective finish answer, saves me trying to cure same!
Keith

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

Very nice as usual Keith - definitely has your look about it. :agree:
I've nothing bad to report , just a query - what is that blue wingtail_t.bmp doing there with the G-ACIX reg. on it ?
Cheers :cheers:
Dave M(oly)