WESTLAND WIDGEON BETA TEST

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: WESTLAND WIDGEON BETA TEST

Post by Dev One »

Dave M, I guessed that they were cables after a bit of thought, so almost impossible to animate in FS9 or FSX unless one makes umpteen sections like the chain in my Comper aircraft! At that scale though the 4mm weld imposition would preclude it working.

Mixture controls - More research required methinks on my part!
Keith

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

It will all depend on just what model of carburetor (remember them?) was fitted to to that particular aircraft so I can't see that we wil ever know the answer Keith.
Cheers :cheers:
Dave M(oly)

JohnD
Victor
Victor

Post by JohnD »

Dave
JohnD -
Sorry about the P3D limitations - I don't have that installed so can't check but I think it's always going to be difficult reconciling
FS9, FSX and P3D and I want to model for the FS9'ers still out there. BTW - elf&safety note - make sure you stand outside the aircaft before
attempting to fold the wings :worried: .
Don't worry about P3D as I am aware of the limitations and can get around with most aircraft.

Regards

John
I have the mind of an athlete, but the body of a spectator.

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Molyned wrote:It will all depend on just what model of carburetor (remember them?) was fitted to to that particular aircraft so I can't see that we wil ever know the answer Keith.
Dave M(oly)
Found from FlightGlobal that the Carb fitted to a ADC Cirrus II is (was) a Rolls Royce licence built Claudel Hobson denoted as a RRCH. There is a manual describing the models R.A.F., Z & H.C.7. which is supposed to include the description of the RRCH, but it confuses me as to whether it has auto altitude compensation or has a pilot operated mixture control, as RR versions were different to CH provided ones.
Shall retire gracefully, unless there are any experts out there that know better! :(
Keith

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

All comments duly noted and all modifications carefully fettled where possible/desirable. :welldone: Thanks for your invaluable help folks - couldn't launch a new aircraft without you.
I've now sent it to Flightsim.com for publishing. It normally takes a couple of days to appear. :thumbsup:
Dave M(oly)

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Its already there at FlightSim!
Keith

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde