AIRSPEED COURIER BETA TEST

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

AIRSPEED COURIER BETA TEST

Post by Molyned »

Despite being dragged away to spend most of the summer in garden work :( I've finally managed to get the Courier finished for beta testing.
Get it here if you want to try it (please) https://www.dropbox.com/s/wuw711s6x1zxi ... r.zip?dl=0
It's been built for FS2004 but performs quite well in FSX (don't know about P3D).
There are a couple of known problems which have defeated me - the aircraft jumps about on the runway at slow frame rates and - try as I may I can't adjust the rate of fuel use; it keeps reverting to default. :rant:
All reports welcome - please include which sim you used.
Cheers :cheers:
Dave M(oly)

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: AIRSPEED COURIER BETA TEST

Post by Dev One »

David, I will give it a try....possible jumping problem is a bad set of MoI values...fuel consumption...dunno as yet! Will keep you posted on progress.
Keith

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

I'm using FSX SP2 with FSUIPC 4.995c. Try as I may I cannot make the Courier bounce. *-) I've tried loading the aircraft from different airports; switching from one aircraft (Airbus A300) to the Courier; taking off from the grass vs a paved runway, she's rock solid each and every time. :dunno: I always thought the "dance of death" was caused by the 'Static Compression' setting in the aircraft.cfg. Maybe it is FS2004 vs FSX related. Strange. I've included the version of my FSUIPC because I remember reading that some thought the bouncing might have something to do with your FSUIPC. That's all for now. She looks like another winner, Dave! :thumbsup:

Brian

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

Thanks Brian - no bounce is good, bounce is bad. :agree:
I've repeated the test and should have said that in FSX the shivering / bounce is not too pronounced and on my computer setup, only occurs below about 10 f.p.s. So shouldn't be a problem to those with a reasonable FSX machine. :welldone:
Cheers
Dave M(oly)

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Ahhhh, I see. :thumbsup:

Brian

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Quick update from me.....bounce in FS9 at 20 fps cured by empty C of G reposition, Main wheels a bit forward & new tail wheel parameters.
Stall speed now near 45 KIAS - (was about 75 KIAS) wing area wrong plus a few other dimensions. Engine now in progress to get max rpm to 1900 (I was getting 2500 flat out!). Need a bit of a rest........(whisky time!)
Keith

Late update: have e-mailed revised FDE Dave.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Hi Dave M,
Thanks for another contribution to your fans. :thumbsup:
I didn't get a chance for a long flight, but noted the following:
Using FSX acceleration at about 20fps, just about everything wound up to the max:
Some strange flashes of light across panels ahead of the cockpit windscreen, and stbd lower interior, flashes were consistently timed. Hit the L key a few times, and it cleared up. Couldn't see instruments lit or not as it was daylight.
Aircraft needed a lot of nose down trim to avoid climbing at a fast rate.
Eventually settled down to cruising at 150mph, everything seemingly steady. Unexpectedly, the speed and RPM surged, OVERSPEED warning, could only slow her up by shutting throttle and pulling back on the stick.
Looking out of the stbd window, a join on the forward upper surface of the wing was a little out of kilter.
The controls all appeared to create the right responses. Undercarriage worked from my prog'd yoke key. :thumbsup:
Will try longer longer flight later.
Hope you enjoyed your whisky. ;)

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

Hi Mike -
Thanks for the test report :agree: Taking them from the bottom up -
a) the outer/inner wing joint has now been adjusted for both wings.
b) engine performance has been tamed. (Keith)
c) pitch trim & climb rate are being addressed. (Keith)
d) I too noticed the weird light flashes around the panel area in FSX. I've no idea what causes that :worried: .
It's nothing to do with reflections/shine as there's no alpha layer in this texture set (courint_t).
In the unlikely event that I find a cure I'll let you all know :$
Cheers :cheers:
Dave M(oly)