PERCIVAL GULL 6 BETA TESTERS PLEASE

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

PERCIVAL GULL 6 BETA TESTERS PLEASE

Post by Dev One »

Hopefully there should be a couple of screenshots having used postimage.org. (Thanks Mike W for your tip)
This next link should go to my dropbox for the models. There are two versions, VH-CCM which has the early Javelin engine type cowling & HB-OFU which was fitted with a longer nosecowl & redesigned side cowls as used on the majority of that D3 batch. Both aircraft still exist, although HB-OFU now sports a UK registration G-AERD & is in Canberra Museum. 'CCM is airworthy in Oz.
I'm leaving Peter to do the Jean Batten & others......repaints.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cx0hlklw87rz8 ... x.zip?dl=0

Comments please to here,
Thanks
Keith

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Re: PERCIVAL GULL 6 BETA TESTERS PLEASE

Post by Vancouver »

Keith, all looks fine sitting on the tarmac at CYXX in both aircraft. Lower the flaps to first position I get an overstressed warning and crash.
Alex

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

First flights (FS9) very encouraging Keith - nicely modelled. :agree: She flies to the numbers (then your aircraft would ;) )
The windows are very cloudy at night - opening a window highlights the difference.
Just one picky point - you've got 'visual damage etc.' duplicated in the aircraft.cfg.
I can't duplicate the damage indication in FS9 at Tacoma. Not yet tested the aircraft in FSX so more later ...
Cheers :cheers:
Dave M(oly)

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Vancouver - Thats very wierd...I've just tried HB-OFU at CYXX in both FS9 & FSXA & have no problem.......FPS unlimited or 20fps in FS9, realism max, so sorry at moment I'm foxed. Also had no problem on my laptop W10 in FS9 & FSX SP2 at Seattle.
Dave M - thanks will rectify the visual damage entries.
Keith

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Ahhh I should have mentioned this is not FS9 but FSXSE.... sorry.

In FS9 flies beautifully. It's been a while since I opened up that sim. :cheers:
Alex

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Alex, I can get that problem in FSXA if I have crash detect & damage ticked. I've just tried changing values of G limits in the .air file without success, so more work & investigation required!!!!
I must admit that I forget about those settings having them switched off for ease in developing the models!
Keith

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Alex, & others.....
Problem solved, two missing lines in the aircraft.cfg just above section [Reference speeds]:

positive_g_limit_flaps_down=5.5
negative_g_limit_flaps_down=-2.5

change the other two values to +6.5 & -3.5.

Hope all is now well!
Keith

emfrat
Concorde
Concorde
Location: 50 DME West of Brisbane, Ugarapul and Kitabul country in Sunny Qld

Post by emfrat »

Dev One wrote:
25 Sep 2017, 15:25
Hopefully there should be a couple of screenshots having used postimage.org. (Thanks Mike W for your tip)

... I'm leaving Peter to do the Jean Batten & others......repaints.
You're welcome, Keith, my pleasure.

I hope Mr Watkins can find some good info on VH-UVA which was P G Taylor's pet aircraft. Only black and white pics around, as far as I can see.
It was described as 'blue' on delivery, but after Ed Connellan bought it, it apparently became 'dark blue' although those pics seem to show the wings in a lighter colour. Later on, it seems to have been painted white, and then camouflage drab (even though it had not been impressed), before reverting to white. Who'd be a painter? :wall:

http://www.goodall.com.au/australian-av ... lgull.html

ATB, MikeW

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

According to the book 'On the wings of a Gull', the standard paint scheme was 'Percival turquoise' with silver wings & tail, but others cost extra! Now turquoise can be blue or green bias - I chose the green bias for the D1 prototype.......And yes a lot of info on the Goodall site. Interpreting colour from B+W image is dangerous - there were two types of film around, one I think favoured reds more than the other - bit like Fuji or Kodak colour I suppose.
Still unless someone knows better, who is to argue who is right?
Keith

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Hi Keith,
Thanks for this beauty! :thumbsup:
I downloaded it last night Aus time, and had no problems at all in FSX Acc. tonight.
Flaps up and down on ground and in air without Alex' troubles.
Responded well to all controls. With default passengers, needed some nose down trim.
As Dave M reported, it cruises right on 120Kts at 2000rpm.
Landed without trouble in a grassed paddock near Ballarat.
Main door opens CTR-E and luggage with /.
I will have to read that .cfg and see what needs tweaking to match your advice above.