AIRSPEED ENVOY - beta test.

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Re: AIRSPEED ENVOY - beta test.

Post by Molyned »

Joe - sorry no chance of an FSX natve aircraft - I don't have the skills for that. All I do is try and make my builds as compatible as possible.
Cheers :cheers:
Dave M(oly)

Badgerman
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Badgerman »

Just took it for a quick spin in fsx (NON-Steam).

Is it just me, or is the tailwheel not rolling ?

It actually looked lovely, and flew rather nicely, and "felt" like I thought an Envoy should. As a beta, it's better than many other freeware aircraft in my stable, but then all of your aircraft have a "feel" about them - thanks very, very much for all the hard work! The tailwheel was the only thing I "think" I noticed, everything else seemed to do exactly what it's supposed to!

Mark

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Now...have had a second flight in FS9 & FSX, but with FS9 frame rate set to unlimited, she flies like a dream against all the technical reasoning!
Have not yet tried the FPS limitation in FS9.
Tail wheel contact might need a tiny modification as its a bit in the air, & modifying the control surface vs Q values. So unless requested to try anything else I would leave well alone but with the 20 fps caveat.
Keith

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

Many thanks Dave for these gems.

I can confirm that both the Courier and Envoy perform well in P3d V3, with just the cabin glass being a bit opaque in the VC.

Thanks again Dave. :thumbsup: :welldone:

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

Graham - thanks for the reassuring report ;) . Just a thought - re the dark glass - have you changed the Envoywindows.bmp (ie. the glass for FS9 ) to a renamed FSXEnvoywindows.bmp as briefly described in the Envoy_Readme-1st .txt file ?. That was supposed to cure the problem in FSX - don't know about P3D v3 though. :worried:
The outside temperature is now below Zero C so I'm off to sample a thimble-full ;) of Dalwhinnie Winter Gold.
Dave M(oly)

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

Keith - phew ! thanks for that last report :agree: :welldone:
Yes - a tad off the tailwheel height figure is needed - agreed.
I've taken your advice about the +-90 deg rudder angle - all is now OK there with same movement in the air as on the ground.
Whether the tailwheel was free castering or locked to the rudder I don't know. As you will know ,we have to build these ancient aircraft from less than adequate information like that.
Yes - the blasted 20 f.p.s. trap - i fell into it again !! :$ Ithink the cure lies with the M.O.I settings but that's for another day.
Yes, I'll now take the aircraft 'as is' whilst waiting a decent time for other reports over this holiday period. Remember what they used to say - "if it looks good it'll fly good" or something. :)
Dave M(oly)

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

Molyned wrote:
28 Dec 2017, 21:39
Just a thought - re the dark glass - have you changed the Envoywindows.bmp (ie. the glass for FS9 ) to a renamed FSXEnvoywindows.bmp as briefly described in the Envoy_Readme-1st .txt file ?.
Dave M(oly)
Guilty as charged m'lud. Did the necessary and all is well on the glazing front. One interesting side effect, the wind sock on runway 5 at Teesside rotates in "tune" with the engines on both aircraft (UK2000 VFR Vol3), but not at Leeds. I can live with that.

Once again Dave, many thanks for two splendid aircraft. I can see me spending a little more time in P3d V3 as well as V4.

Graham

ps any of the Dalwhinnie Winter Gold left?
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

any of the Dalwhinnie Winter Gold left?

Keep yer ands off :OB: - oh alright then, you can sniff the cork.
Glad it all worked for you Graham although I've no rational explanation for rotating windsocks !!
Dave M(oly)

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Molyned wrote:
28 Dec 2017, 19:50
Joe - sorry no chance of an FSX natve aircraft - I don't have the skills for that. All I do is try and make my builds as compatible as possible.
Dave M(oly)
Just curious, what software do you use to create your models?
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

Joe - I have always modelled using GMax - took some learning but it's very versatile. Originally I bought F.S.D.S but couldn't get on with it.
Dave M(oly)