AIRSPEED ENVOY MK3 1st look.

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

AIRSPEED ENVOY MK3 1st look.

Post by Molyned »

Hot on the heels of my well-received Envoy MK2 , I've been busy on the next build -the AS6J MK3 version. Here's a first look at a WIP shot.
This version was fitted with more powerful 310 h.p. Armstrong Siddeley Cheetah IX engines in rather fetching blister cowls ( an 'interesting' build and even more so to paint ! Peter Watkins take note :worried: .)
One example registered G-AEXX was supplied for the Kings Flight (1937). 5 more were ordered by the military in 1939. This particular example P5529 was used by the Fleet Air Arm as a land based communications aircraft.
So far I've nearly finished the exterior, so it's on next to the V.C. As usual for me this is a FS2004/FSX model.
Cheers :cheers:
Dave M(oly)

Badgerman
Meteor
Meteor

Re: AIRSPEED ENVOY MK3 1st look.

Post by Badgerman »

You Sir, are a veritable machine! I recently conducted a search over on flightsim.com for all the files you've released over the years, just to make sure I haven't missed any. I can't believe one person is responsible for such a large number of models - but I'm certainly glad you are!

Thanks for picking an FAA crate for the texture - I'm sure a certain "someone" recently departed would have approved... BZ!

Mark

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Re: AIRSPEED ENVOY MK3 1st look.

Post by Airspeed »

Great to see, Dave! :thumbsup:

Mark.... "crate" ! :-O the inhumanity!