MCX and AI Shipping

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

MCX and AI Shipping

Post by TSR2 »

Hi guys,

Back in... actually, I cant remember how long ago, I converted the ODG platforms / jackups / rigs etc to FSX format using MCX. In version 4 of P3D these stopped working, and either wouldn't show up or crash the sim. I've downloaded MCX again today, so I was going to have a go at recompiling them using the current SDK. I take it I can just point MCX at the current set of tools? Has anyone tried it with v5? I suspect this also might be the problem I'm having with my AI shipping (which was also the problem I had in 4.5 tbh.) I had been using that java program written by the guy in France (I cant recall his name) to build AI shipping routes, and I remember he withdrew from simming because he was getting more hassle to do x, y, z etc. So is there a new (I say new, but possibly 5 year old) way to do AI shipping now?

Thanks in advance
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: MCX and AI Shipping

Post by GHD »

Hi Ben,

I use AIBTC (which is by that French guy).
George

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

That’s the one. Have you any of the recent P3D versions George? I removed all of my own AI shipping, and the packaged stuff seems to work. I’m not sure if the issue is with the models or the plans themselves. It may be I need to recompile them with a current version of traffic toolbox.

ImageImageImage

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by GHD »

I don't think there is any change from FSX to P3D 4 or 5.
George

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Make sure the models themselves are all FSX or P3d native.
Dave G.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I thought they were Dave, but I’m going to double check. I know Intrepid and Fearless definitely are so I’ll do a test with them. I’ve changed the FSX paths in MCX to the equivalent in P3D so if any need converted I’ll push them through and see what happens.

My AI aircraft are almost all missing, they show up in the list of other aircraft, but are invisible when you switch to view them, with a couple of exceptions, and those have missing bits as mentioned in the other thread.

ImageImageImage