To any aircraft designers here

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

UKVoodoo
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

To any aircraft designers here

Post by UKVoodoo »

Hi all

This may not be allowable and I'd have a go myself but even with tutorials I struggle with GMAX :dunno:

Would anybody be able to make LOD versions or stripped down multiplayer versions of classic aircraft or aircraft of classic aerobatic teams, me and some friends use a new type of server to show users smoke and atm were trying to get a Virtual Red Arrows together(not a mean feat as 9 pilots online is difficult) but using the DSB/IRIS hawk Tmk1a the frames per second of 9 aircraft and FRAPS kills my computer when trying to make movies

I dont expect this to be feasable(spelling :doh: ) but would like aircraft designers input and opinions

Thnx Matt

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

I suggest that you take a look at the Hawks that come as part of a whole set of files for the Red Arrows. I think that there is single/4 ship/9 ship packages :dunno: which may meet your needs.

Start here http://www.simviation.com/fs2002military34.htm

and here: http://www.simviation.com/fs2004military4.htm

Never used these but figured they might be what you need.

UKVoodoo
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by UKVoodoo »

Yeah cheers

The hawks we use have 3 seperate smoke colours so we change colour in between formation changes its just 9 high details hawks are killing FPS lol

Vixus
Victor
Victor

Post by Vixus »

Get those ones. They're great quality and shouldn't kill your system.

UKVoodoo
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by UKVoodoo »

yeah thats the problem we fly 9 indivdual hawks together, hehe if we get the diamond 9 we end up with 81 Red Arrows in formation :lol: :lol:

Vixus
Victor
Victor

Post by Vixus »

Er... you get the individual ones as well. :wink:

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

UKVoodoo wrote:yeah thats the problem we fly 9 indivdual hawks together, hehe if we get the diamond 9 we end up with 81 Red Arrows in formation :lol: :lol:
What's wrong with that, it sounds quite impressive. :wink: :lol:

AndyG