Are you all under water yet?

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Are you all under water yet?

Post by Trev Clark »

From what I see on the UK TV, things look pretty dire if you live near a river! How are you all coping, I know Dave B is pretty close to the Thames and some of you live in the flooded areas, care to post a few pics....if you have not sunk without trace yet?
ATB Trev

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

I was wondering that myself Trev

I guess though if anyone has problems they maybe unable to post.......I am noticing one or two missing.......but that could be for many other reasons :think:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Not looking good in Gloucestershire Trev.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6911226.stm

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Had to fight the drains on Friday Trev and have found the council have managed to block one but Streatley is fine. Most of it is on a hill anyway so if the pub got flooded, half of the village would be submerged :lol:

It's taken a couple of days but the Thames has finally risen. The Swan Hotel isn't awash yet but they must be keeping a close eye on the situation as they're the first to go under. At best, their footpath along the river is only about 2ft higher than the waterline so it doesn't take a lot for that to disappear :shock:

Very little by way of rain today but more is forecast. I'm off on holiday next weekend for 2 weeks in a caravan in Cornwall. Hope it doesn't turn into a boating holiday :crying:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

I'm glad to see you're OK Dave :smile:

I wondered the other day when they said the worst if that particular rainstorm was heading to Reading.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Cheers me dears :wink:

Yup.. we were one of the areas that copped over 3x the monthly average in the space of around 4hrs :shock: Looking on the bright side.. we don't have to water the patch of turf recently laid :worried:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Glad to know you are OK at present Dave, I know some of the others are in the area that has had some heavy rain also. Just so you do not think I have it all good....last night we too had a flood!! :shock:
Some idiot ( :worried: ) put the A/C outlet hose into Mrs C's window box tray, so it would water the plants, however the amount of water exceeded the plants demand and the whole window sill was under about 5 mm of water this morning, possibly drowning (the) basil!!!! Still, global warming I blamed it on!! Usually works :wink:
ATB Trev

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

dont talk about water!!! god for the past 2 days, in 6 hours stints, weve been at the same spot pumping water out of 2 drain 50 yards further along the same one... Damn drainage blocked so much that the fields are water logged and then its draining into the road. by the time we leave each time it was a few inches already!!! Oh well just think that those loverly taxes you pay are going somewhere usefull for once!!!

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Motormouse »

My weekend at home started with spending Friday night stuck at Strensham services on M5, as major routes into Wales from 'oop north where I'm working now,were waterlogged.

M50, M5 both flooded, A483 flooded at Welshpool
have to say the Highways Agency staff were about as useful as a chocolate teapot. Best info was from auntie beebs Hereford and Worcester
local radio.

ttfn

Pete
An Elephant is a Mouse designed to
a government specification.

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

Nice and sunny up here on the East coast of Scotland.