Some Advice Re: Military Collectors.

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Some Advice Re: Military Collectors.

Post by Nigel H-J »

Many years ago I was given a table presented to my Grandfather back in 1918 when he left the army to continue his career as a doctor, it has been in my garage for many years as do not have the room to keep it inside so unfortunately it is just collecting dust and becoming quite worn.

My grandfather was Lieutenant-Colonel Howard-Jones, a Medical Officer in the army during the First World War based in London, although there is no inscription of his name on the table he had quite a remarkable record as a doctor being in charge of Newport Hospital and also being on a Committee after the war to improve conditions of sailors' living standards aboard ships.

Sadly I feel rather than see this table just waste away in my garage it would be better to find it a home where some-one preferrably a Military Collector would have an interest in it. I had been told that it is worth selling to a collector rather than at an auction but don't know who to contact or where to start.

It is an Indian Carved Table with the Royal Army Medical Corps inscription on it.

Many thanks in advance
Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.