Any R/C flyers on here?

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Bridon Bear
The Ministry

Any R/C flyers on here?

Post by Bridon Bear »

Well off topic but worth a shot..... ;-)

Both my wife and I are full time Carers for our respective parents who both live with us, my Father is 87 and my Mother in Law is 81, looking after both of these people is, I have to say, very hard work indeed as you can probably imagine so, ( to preserve my sanity!!) I wanted to get back into the wonderful world of radio control model flying...my 'other' hobby :thumbsup: .

Being a glow engine modeller of many years I decided that as time and resources etc are a lot different for me now, I thought the remedy is that I would move over to the 'Dark Side' and get into small scale electric. These models are both quicker (and cheaper!) to make, plus the local park is within 2 minutes from the door as opposed to a now difficult car journey to the old flying patch.

I have been very taken with the designs of Peter Rake and whilst I have a number of his plans from the Flying Scale Models magazines Free Pull out plans, there are a few others of his that I have been trying hard to locate.

So, I have been looking everywhere for a few back issues of Flying Scale Models Magazine that are complete with the pull out plans for Peter Rakes little scale electric jobs.

Regrettably, although the Back Issues dept run by a very kind and helpful lady (Jackie Dunton) has helped me with several others, the particular ones I am still looking for are sadly out of stock .

I thought that I might try a post here on the Forum for help and therefore just wondered if any of you living in the UK reading this might have any back issues of the dates below tucked away in the loft or cupboard etc that you might consider passing on?

The dates are Dec 2004 (Sopwith Camel)
May 2005 (Eindekker)
March 2006 (Bristol F2B)
July 2003 (Avro 504)
July 2002 (Tiger Moth)
April 2007 (Spad XIII part 2)

If anyone can help in any way even with just one copy....please let me know and what costs are involved, I would be extremely grateful

Just either PM me or email if you have any copies to spare.

Regards

Brian Gibbs (AKA Bridon) ;-)

Bridport, Dorset.

'Only Birds and Fools Fly'

http://thethriftysquirrels.co.uk