Totally WEIRD - help?

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

forthbridge
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Totally WEIRD - help?

Post by forthbridge »

Hey guys

I can only assume it was due to monumental rainfall during the night. The cable comes direct from the roof (Freeview). What is bothering me a little is that there was a spot of water at the opposite side of the TV from where the cable goes in! (a single drop) - but after I'd cleaned it up this morning, there had been only about two or three drips, with a bubble of water right at the end of the cable (not reaching into the coax plug) and this was where the drip began: here's a photo:
Jim

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Ah.. as has been suggested :) One thing you can guarantee about water.. if it can get somewhere, it will! My Dad bought a new TV not too many years ago.. a large screen jobbie (not flat/FST) and he complained the picture wasn't particularly good. I took the plug off the coax and the centre core was pretty much green liquid :-O None of us could remember how long the cable had been there so it was decided to have a new run of coax made and update the AE at the same time. Bob's your uncle.. he was rewarded with one fine picture ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

<puffs from pipe> *-) ... interesting synopsis ol boy... but I wouldn't rule out wee ghost ;)

forthbridge
Concorde
Concorde

Post by forthbridge »

Interestingly enough (not that I watch telly much at all) the pic is fine (althought I have had to retune the freeview a couple of times) but the whole lot needs renewed I think - just lucky that it stopped before it got into the telly ;)

Anyway, SWMBO is pleased as it clears her of my accusation that last time it happened she had sat the iron there or something.... 8) :lol:
Jim