Rift_Valley_Part_2...

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Rift_Valley_Part_2...

Post by petermcleland »

This second sortie sees me in the Rift Valley, visiting Lakes Magadi and Natron, Ol Doinyo Lengai (Mountain of God), Olduvai Gorge, Ngorongoro, Lake Manyara and the two peaks and saddle of Kilimanjaro, Kibo 19340 feet and Mawenzi 16896 feet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McU56gdhjtk

If you have a slowish Broadband which causes buffering pauses, click the Pause icon in the bottom left corner, then click the resolution up to 1080p...Now WAIT as the pink band moves from left to right, till it gets about halfway across. Now click that same Pause icon to start it running again and finally click the Full Screen icon at bottom right...It should now run through without further pausing.

At the end you will see a "Replay" button...If you click that you will get an uninterrupted full screen replay!

Thanks for looking :fly:

forthbridge
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Rift_Valley_Part_2...

Post by forthbridge »

Mesmerising as usual - dunno how you do it :)
Jim

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Thanks Jim...I just enjoy reliving my past...I spent a hell of a lot of time down in the Rift, both with Venoms and Hunters. I also went by vehicle and foot to some of those places. Once with Tim Cohu, Pete Biddiscombe and Dinga Bell we climbed up Ol Longonot and went round the edge of the crater to the peak on the far rim...It was a great day! On another occasion the Boss took us out in vehicles (all the pilots) and led us for a ten mile walk in desert terrain out past Lake Magadi. It was a survival exercise to show how hard it was to get anywhere far, if you chose to leave your crashed aircraft.

forthbridge
Concorde
Concorde

Post by forthbridge »

Fascinating stuff :) Sounds like no better way to get an impression of the area than get down into it 'life size'.

And the great thing is being able to recreate the scene albeit in virtual form :rock:
Jim