IWM_Duxford-HD...

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

IWM_Duxford-HD...

Post by petermcleland »

Here is a 5 minute video of Little Bandit's visit to the IWM at Duxford:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMTtqE2TQU8

Click the resolution up to 1080 and then click the "Full Screen" icon at bottom right.

Thanks for looking :fly:

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Re: IWM_Duxford-HD...

Post by Airspeed »

Hi Peter,
Well, I suppose you think that's funny?! Five things to say:
(A) I saw the terrified faces on the grasshoppers, and it was not a pretty sight.
(B) The EPA will be sending a penalty notice about your smoke emissions.
(C) The "roll on take off" was as good as the guy in the twin does at Airshows Downunder (and probably every other airshow on the planet)
(D) Pity they didn't model the string of pennants for you to slash with the vertical stabiliser.
(E) Congratulations on a great video.

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

hold on .. you say 5 things but you used the alphabet to list them.?

Wouldn't it be correct to say you have E things to say or L..... or in the case of .. :-# ( I won't mention a name but he would of course have Z things to say... :rofl: :shhh:

Peter ,
terrrific stuff, and so I will repay a compliment you posted to me once.
I think I shall require a parachute!

:lol:

;)

austerdriver

Post by austerdriver »

Nice video Peter. Thought you were going to craft the aircraft while you were flying just a few feet above the ground.

Jimm

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

An unconventional takeoff angle Peter and I think you may have left some rubber on the top of the fence at unstick :lol: Now.. if only the real displays were done that low ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

DaveB wrote:An unconventional takeoff angle Peter and I think you may have left some rubber on the top of the fence at unstick :lol: Now.. if only the real displays were done that low ;)
Dave...It just happened to be the direction that LB was pointing at the time...A plus for me was that it put the roll over the top of a small group of spectators standing on a hill. The take-off was further inspired by the Wingco Flying at my Flying Training School (No.3 FTS) at Feltwell in Norfolk...He used to get into his Harvard early each morning to do the "Weather Test". He just used to start the engine and roar off straight ahead off the concrete and across the grass in whatever direction the aircraft happened to be parked. Of course, it was too early for anyone else to be about as we were all having breakfast in the mess, if we weren't dashing over to a window to catch a glimpse of the intrepid man :lol:

Naturally, if I had ever done a display that low in my service career, I would have been court martialled or dead!

BTW...I should have mentioned ACG...but I have added a note and their URL to my Facebook post.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Gents...Thanks for your comments...I enjoyed making the video but it was quite challenging to my video card!! The Traffic was set to 30% and the weather was the Real download every 15 mins...The frame rates were great but sometimes the texturing was a bit slow. I probably need to change a setting to speed that up *-)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

He just used to start the engine and roar off straight ahead off the concrete and across the grass in whatever direction the aircraft happened to be parked
:lol: :lol: That's as good a way as any to find where the wind is :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!