What have we had this year then?

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Re: What have we had this year then?

Post by speedbird591 »

I got a BD of Frozen Planet, a DVD of The Killing (20 hours of sub-titled, Danish murder mystery) and some book tokens. And probably the present that will keep me amused the longest is a huge bag of dirty laundry from cyberbrat after his snowboarding trip :doh:

Oh well, it'll take my mind off the loss of the Dear Leader :(

Ian

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

UV Filter, Remote Wireless Shutter release and extension tube for the camera. DC Propliners book and a watch. 1 WH Smith Voucher and some cash. No socks, wine hankies, jimjams or anything I needed. Only things I wanted.

That is a good Christmas.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

PaulC
VC10
VC10

Post by PaulC »

First Class Simulations Wellington, books on the British Aircraft Industry in the late 40's onwards and Yorkshire WWII airfields. Bits of kit for work and cadets and the usual nice things, port, clothes etc.

Anyone got the Wellington?

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Well.. all good so far :)

I bought myself Treescape v2 today then thought what the heck and spent the next 5hr5m downloading ES.Guernsey :-O It pulls my system down to around 12fps at times (which isn't good even in FSX regardless of what you hear!) but it's a nice bit of scenery :) Got given some scratch cards and won £4.. that only leaves me about £33 short on the ES stuff :lol:

Oh.. the Wellington. I did have an 'evaluation' copy a long time ago and it ended up in the bin :worried:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Chris558
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris558 »

I got a pressie which I had to order myself (but paid for by Mum!) And it's back to Aircraft, I'm afraid :lol: It's the DVD: The Bristol Britannia story, by 1st Take productions, which I've just watched today. (It was originally released on VHS in 2000.)

For anyone who hasn't seen it, It's quite good with some interesting tech stuff to start, though there is about half an hour of continuous sales tours footage, when some of that time could have been devoted to the Britannias latter service career.

However, the highlight must be the arrival of Regulus at Kemble (which I hoped would be included) - that stunning very low level 'whoosh!' down the runway. Worth buying just for that!

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AllanL »

I got a couple of copies of Jane's Aircraft - from the days when we did more than make the odd widget for others (wings may be big widgets but they're not a whole plane) and "Unarmed into Battle", the tale of AOP, "Western Bombers", and a cheeky git gave me Alan Bramson's "Making Better Landings" - together with a Spitfire history which you can never have too many of.

Santa also got me the Silence Twister and UK2000 VFR airfields from the sales to try to help me get the hang of X - just don't tell SWMBO.....

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes.. for someone who didn't want a lot (anything), I seem to have added to basket far too often. I added Alderney to Guernsey today (thank goodness it's only 500mb and not 4.42gb) so that's the ND EC135 (I only got it to fit Rick's paints on.. honest!) Treescape v2, Gue and Ald. That's enough me thinks. Better get the card paid off before things get embarrassing (make that MORE embarrassing) :worried:

You mention Janes.. I got a copy of Janes Fighting Ships 1973 last year and it was nice to see our fleet spanned more than a couple of pages back then. Wonder how little it occupies now *-)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

I think Janes will be publshed every 10 years now

That way they can fill both sides of an A4 sheet 8)
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That or leave a page blank ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Santa emptied his sack down my chimney ( if you'll pardon the expression ) to the effect of:

1) Frozen Planet on Blu Ray - astounding !
2) 1001 Battles that changed the course of history (book)
3) An extremely long scarf, the fringed ends of which dangle and waft about almost obscenely below my jacket.
4) Boris Johnson's 'Life of London' ( another book )
5) Hobby Master 1/72 scale F-105 Thunderchief AF 60504 ( photos to follow )
6) Viz annual 2011 entitled 'The Cleveland Steamer' (seriously... you don't want to know )
7 ) Aerosoft's OV-10 Bronco - a present to myself ;)

All in all, a cracking Christmas. :xgrin: