Flying for Real..

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Flying for Real..

Post by Vc Ten »

Was hoping to get some air time in today but wind was up and down (mostly up) all day. With a new gallon of petrol, needed some for the mower, else the grass will be knee high by the time we get back from Malta :lol: So plenty left for the models. The cub has a 20floz tank now, and it supps it quite quick. Its fun to fly now im over the teething problems :thumbsup:
Talking of bikes mine needed a new battery, not enough life to turn the motor over On trickle charge for most of its life to allow for the alarm otherwise draining it. The best way to sulphite it up. The Kwaker oem was £139 :doh: its the only fitment for that particular size. Found one same Ah that was 8mm taller for £43 delivered. Managed to shoehorn it in
ATB
Dale
Image Image Image

Tarasdad
Comet
Comet

Post by Tarasdad »

Here's a Youtube channel I think you gents might enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/user/tbobborap1/featured

Videos of some very unique and very beautiful RC aircraft.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Many thanks indeed for that, theres a stunning VC10 in there and here's the video of it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3gEMFz3 ... KJI2HkUxEw

Get your pennies saved up Andy :lol: :thumbsup:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Couple of stills grabbed from a video one of the guys down our field was filming the other week. The Cub is Black Horse 96in wingspan powered by 20cc supertigre with a petrol conversion
ATB
Dale

Its difficult to judge the scale from the photos, but bear in mind that the wheels are over 4ins diameter :lol:
Image Image Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Nice shots Dale :rock: As you rightly point out, they don't do the scale of the model much justice though. You'll have to take a still of it next to something recognisable ;)

BTW.. you mentioned a new battery for the Kwak. I took the Triumph for it's MoT on Monday and decided to go to Bloxwich from the test station.. around 4 miles or so. As I slowed and pulled up, I could smell something odd.. like a new catalytic converter. Got off the bike to see smoke/steam (it was steam) coming from under the seat. One battery fried!! 8) I was a bit dubious that the charger/conditioner had saved it from it's winter sleep and it appears it hadn't :wall: I changed the oil/filter on the Triumph the week before last and was told by the dealer there was a recall out on all Daytona's/Street Triples 06-09 for a faulty rectifier/regulator and mine being a 57, it falls nicely into that bracket 8) I know wonder (having fitted a new battery) if my rectifier/regulator has conveniently gone too. We shall see. It's in for the work to be done on Tue and I have the wife following me in the Czech Roller :lol: Triumph wanted over £90 inc VAT for the battery.. I got one exactly the same for around £53 inc VAT and UPS delivery off the web ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Hiya Mate :hello:
Sounds like a severe case of overcharging If the reg prooves faulty maybe theres a case to claim for the cost of the battery *-)
The ZZR had a recall where some us bikes had the rear end drop off :-O The swing arm bushes were being incorrectly torqued up causing outward pressure on the frame to the point where the welds were failing around the center tube The recall was the check for correct tightness of the bearings. If they were indeed over torqued it was then an engine out job to conduct a florescent crack detect. If cracking was discovered then it was a new frame jobbie. Now I fear the average dealer would struggle with such a strip down on a bike of that sorts and I was fair bricking it that problems would be found :worried: Fortunately all was well

Several good flights with the cub this morning. Engine starts easy now and not getting so hot after flights but will keep the cowl off for a bit longer. We spent the best part of an hour looking for one guys funjet ultra he lost control and we found it under the trees 1/4 mile away. Most of the bits made it to the ground though :lol:
ATB
Dale
Image Image Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Rectifier/Regulator..

Took the bike in this morning.. in the drizzle :rant: .. and got there without the new battery frying so it looks like my previous assumption (hope, more than anything) that the old battery was knackered seems to have been the case. The 8 mile ride there was one of the longest I've done! :lol:

They took the bike in at 9am and I had the keys back at 9:30.. all done and dusted so that's one less thing to worry about ;) The bike has gone into shock due to it feeling rain but it should have recovered come the next time I want to use it.. whenever that may be. Forecast for the rest of the week isn't exactly heartwarming so it'll probably end up staying under cover for a while yet.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Not ridden mine more than twice so far this year :dunno:
Will summer ever arrive?

Regards
Rick

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I wish I knew the answer to that mate. I'd only ridden mine once this year up to yesterday and that was to the MoT test station last Monday. Before that.. it had sat under covers since around Sept last year :|

Alison went with me to the Triumph dealer yesterday but I couldn't convince her they had anything I (she) liked :lol: TBH.. a Bonnie would do nicely. I don't have the need for speed these days and commuting on the Daytona is.. well.. you know how nice Daytona's are in traffic 8) That said.. the new Suzi 250 is tempting.. up to 85mpg! :-O

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

emfrat
Concorde
Concorde
Location: 50 DME West of Brisbane, Ugarapul and Kitabul country in Sunny Qld

Post by emfrat »

Hello Dave :)
By the look of this you're going to need a wider canal :lol:
http://www.thechronicle.com.au/photos/w ... /21309/#/3

MikeW