Flying for Real..

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Re: Flying for Real..

Post by VEGAS »

DaveB wrote:I'm scared of taking the P51 up in case it falls apart in the air
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess we've got the same fear.

The answer is find to find a flipping good size field.

Just in case :dunno:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Indeed.. and with short grass so that all the bits can be recovered from the in-flight break-up :lol:

BTW.. I notice the sheep have been moved off the RC strip at Cocksparrow Lane near Huntington. I dread to think what state the strip is in having had a winter of 4-legged jumpers wandering all over it and I've seen no flying there for ages. A bit early in the year mind you so the RC crowd may yet return :)

ATB
Dave :)
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Hi Guys :hello:
Just picked up a new power supply from Hobbyking for the lipo charger. As I'm confined to charging in the shed the old one was suffering a bit and would only give out half an amp or so :worried:
Hope to get a bit more flying time in than last year The problems down the field seem to be resolved and its looking like work will be less this summer than last
Fitted a 4 stroke twin to the black horse cub ( converted to petrol of course) It looks the part with the cylinder heads poking out either side of the cowl. Hoping it will be a quieter alternative to the 2 stroke supertigre
We have another 20 yds to the length of the strip with a bit of luck it may be just long enough to get the viperjet airborne
Atb
Dale
Image Image Image

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Though I would update you on Real Flying progress :lol:
Its a Quanum Nova drone from Hobbyking
Its can fly as an autonomous vehicle, programmed via http://planner.ardupilot.com/ or flown manually like a stabilised helicopter
Having fun at the moment having it fly automatically on pre saved routes created in google maps with the confidence :doh: that it will return to launch through its gps if things go pear shaped
Next stage is video transmitter and receiver to allow me to see via first person view where we are actually flying from the drones point of view
Atb
Dale
Image Image Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hmm.. I looked at one of these (a quad) just this very day but consigned the thought to basket almost immediately :lol:

At least you're getting into the air ;)
ATB
Dave B)smk
ImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

First decent flying day of the year and guess what, No work either :)
Took chippy down to the strip, must be at least her 3rd season maybe 4th

Had the engine cut out while attempting a tail slide. Managed to glide her back down , overshooting the strip by 100yds or so :lol:
Luckily the surrounding field is very smooth at the moment with the crop just poking through Landed safely without damage

Atb
Dale
Image Image Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Who says flying RC models doesn't keep you fit :lol:

Glad you managed to get her down in one piece mate :thumbsup:
ATB
Dave
ImageImage

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

I, on the other hand, will be Flying for Real on Saturday.

Taking GBSKW out for a jolly with two mates; don't know where yet but it is mode S equipped so can be followed on flight radar 24.
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Yep you can walk some miles chasing yours or someone else's model Don't remind me of the Zlin :doh:
Hope you have a great day Ade, in the Piper. Probably working Saturday but will check out Flight radar as I will have wifi. Funnily enough after this mornings time at the field, we used our Christmas gift of afternoon tea at Chocks Away diner at Hawarden airport. Not much activity, but a nice afternoon spent. Would love to do Flying for real ( full size) B-) B-)
Atb
Dale
Image Image Image

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

adysmith wrote: Taking GBSKW out for a jolly with two mates;
I've just looked up BSKW, to find it's registered to Russell Whyham. He has to be Chris Whyham's son , ( Chris did all our maintenance 40 odd years ago ) but is he also the son of the late lamented Jane Murdoch ?