No plane, but a classic British train.

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: No plane, but a classic British train.

Post by nigelb »

Garry Russell wrote:We're certainly not civilised here...or house trained in some cases :lol:
Oh dear! If your not civilized there where does that leave the Colonies? *-)

Nigel²

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

Well I'm civilised ... case in point , notice how I spelt civilised.

B)smk

sketchy74
Vulcan
Vulcan
Location: Los Angeles, California, But an ExPat Brit from Cornwall

Post by sketchy74 »

speedbird591 wrote:
Garry Russell wrote:How about living somewhere where there are no railways...is that a good enough excuse?? *-) :dunno:
No. That's a feeble excuse. If you can go to Helsinki then you can go somewhere civilised with railways!

Ian :lol:
I have Just returned from Helsinki after a whistle stop trip to Scandinavia this week. I was impressed that you can get a train from there to St Petersburg in only 3 hours, I may have to do that next time.

Back to the thread, is the A4 due to do any more jaunts down the East Coast Mainline? My father in Law would love to see this.

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

sketchy74 wrote:Back to the thread, is the A4 due to do any more jaunts down the East Coast Mainline? My father in Law would love to see this.
According to the Steam Tours website I posted a link to, there are three A4s booked on the East Coast mainline during June 2013.

Fri 14th June, 60019 Bittern is pulling the first leg of the Cathedrals Express from Kings Cross for a weekend trip to scotland. Bittern takes it from Kings Cross to York then A4 60007, Sir Nigel Gresley, takes it on to Tyne Yard, Edinburgh and Perth. Over the weekend it runs from Perth to Inverness and back.

Mon 17th June, Sir Nigel Gresley takes it south to York on the same route and and Bittern completes the run to Kings Cross.

Saturday 22nd June, 60009, A4 Union of South Africa is scheduled to pull 'The White Rose' from Kings Cross to York via Grantham and return.

Unfortunately the timings haven't been published yet.

Ian :)

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

Hi Ian I will be out of Edinburgh for this.I was also busy during an earlier visit by a steamer.IIRC 'Tornado'. Is due here next weekend and guess what,I'll still be away! The uksteam info site is very useful,I've had it bookmarked for some time now.It allows me to ensure that I will miss any visiting train! :doh: EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

Hi Sketchy74.I found this info http://www.a1steam.com/ for Tuesday 11th June with timings.Not an A4 ,but an A1 Pacific 'Tornado'
The Uksteaminfo website to which Ian referred contains links to all the relevant sites and is kept updated.
This particular trip is from the A1 Steamdreams website.Best to check it again for any changes :) EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

thehappyotter
Concorde
Concorde

Post by thehappyotter »

Some interesting links there guys, you're going to turn me into a trainspotter!

Now where's me flask and anorak!

sketchy74
Vulcan
Vulcan
Location: Los Angeles, California, But an ExPat Brit from Cornwall

Post by sketchy74 »

Hi Tomliner & Speedbird591, thanks guys I'll pass this info on, as I said the inlaws will love to see any steam train, they live in Bedford so the East Coast main line is just a short drive east for them.
Thanks again,
Fraser