Taken Redundancy.

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Taken Redundancy.

Post by Nigel H-J »

oh 'eck Garry, give us a clue :help: - cannot get youtube here at work!! :doh: :lol: :lol:

Regards
Nigel
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

:lol:

It turns your blank living room wall into a bank of CCTV camera views :worried:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

It turns your blank living room wall into a bank of CCTV camera views :worried:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brilliant Garry, going to watch that on Saturday!!

Nigel.

PaulC
VC10
VC10

Post by PaulC »

Hello Nigel,

I know all too well what things you will have seen. I always thought it must be worse for you because you can see horrible things unfold but not be able to act to prevent them. I wonder if the change in the way Policing is done is a good or bad thing in your eyes? I have my opinions on this, however, here is not the place!! ;)

If your shift pattern change is anything like the ones that some folk up here have been moved onto, I suspect you're better out of it.

I love taking people out with me and letting them see what we do and what life's really like. I have the "privilege" of policing a well known city and it really is worse than can be imagined unless you see it. Opening people's eyes is an experience I couldn't get anywhere else. The pleasure of being able to do blue light runs or occasionally pursuits with someone who is absolutely loving the one-off experience is great, and I hope you really enjoyed your time out there.

I do hope you can still keep in contact with us here.

Best of luck.

Paul :thumbsup:

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Paul, I no worries, I won't comment on the changes in policing here as it could open a can of worms debate wise for those who are not part of the organisation or understand the structure, myself included in some ways!! :worried: :lol: :lol:
I always thought it must be worse for you because you can see horrible things unfold but not be able to act to prevent them.
Perfectly true, in many cases it can be extremely frustrating not being able to do anything more than monitor and alert the despatchers in comms hoping that officers are nearby and able to respond quickly. One incident that always comes back to me is when I see a motorist or a passenger with their arm out of the window of the vehicle they are travelling in and think back to the time of an RTC where the occupant of a car got out after the vehicle he was in hit a brick wall, he had his arm out at the time which was sliced off at the elbow on impact!! Not a very nice sight when he emerged showing the stump!!

You have to draw a barrier down between yourself and some of the serious incidents that you monitor and just concentrate on getting best video footage for ID and evidence. Though I always think it is worse for officers being down there in the thick of it dealing with nasty situations whilst I just have to operate the camera and watch!! :worried:

Regards
Nigel.

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

Good to hear your going to be able to rest a bit after a long career serving the public. I do hope you get some way to access the internet because ,,, well I would miss seeing #1 aound here. Take care, Nigel and best wishes.

Nigel²

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Thanks Nigel2, will find some way or other to get back even if only occassionally.

Kind regards

Nigel.

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

Nigel I hope you enjoy retirement it sounds like you have deserved the rest! I am enjoying semi retirement and besides the lower income its something I highly recommend :)
You will miss the guys you work with, I know I do more than I miss the flying!
Enjoy :)
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Hi Nigel, :hello:

Firstly let me say that your decision, without question, an extremely difficult one to make, is definitely the right one. :thumbsup:

Your well aware of how much pensions in this field field have been butchered to pieces, so it's nice to leave with a full pay packet.

It must be very sad to finish a job that essentially becomes part of your life. Especially as you have witnessed all kinds of human nature in its highest and lowest form.

No doubt many images will stay with you forever. *-)

Regardless, you come first. Concentrate on your health and lifestyle now and most importantly enjoy yourself. You've earned it.

I hope to still see your posts on here for many years to come. B-)

Wishing you all the very best. :party:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

I will not repeat the advice you have been given. Just have a good time and do not put your feet up and do nothing.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman