Stating the obvious

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Stating the obvious

Post by cstorey »

In the wake ( years afterwards ) of the loss of the Air France A330 in mid-Atlantic, the EASA has now put out this recommendation regarding the Inter-Tropical front ( as I always knew it )

When operating in adverse convective weather and the ITCZ area, operators should thoroughly determine their exposure to ITCZ risks and ensure that efficient mitigating actions are continually and consistently taken, based on data-driven strategies, thereby actively preventing accidents resulting from LOC-I (loss of control in-flight). Safety management principles should apply to all aspects of flight operations in adverse convective weather and the ITCZ with a view to implementing risk mitigation strategies and proactively taking preventive actions. Particular attention should be paid to precursors of LOC-I.

Whatever would the airlines do without these hard-working ( a politician's in-phrase at the moment ) luminaries at Easa painfully sitting on their fat haemorrhoids ?

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Stating the obvious

Post by Tomliner »

Don't mince your words Chris- tell it straight! Seriously,speaking as a non avaitor, it certainly seems to be a classic example of closing the stable door etc.What a shame that so many had to perish for this statement to be issued.EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Thats a very long winded political way of saying 'Only birds & fools fly, & birds don't fly when its wet'!
Keith

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Lets not forget the primary reason for the AF447 disaster was crew error. Not weather. Yes, it was blowing a storm outside the aircraft and the Captain of AF447 took a kip at the wrong time, leaving his junior officers to handle the aircraft at a critical point. The aircraft stalled and the crew became disorientated. One was pulling back on the stick whilst the other was pushing forward. The Captain eventually returned to the flightdeck but made no physical contribution. Several minutes of confusion ensued while the aircraft dropped and eventually slammed into the Atlantic Ocean. A real cluster f**k. 8)
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

:(( :rant: