Airliners.net

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Airliners.net

Post by tonymadge »

A place I use a lot has just got ruined.... How? Well they did the usual crazy thing and fixed something that wasn't broke... Now we have in my opinion a difficult to navigate and awful layout. It used to be the place to go for images, sadly its rubbish and not user friendly. Do these people really know what they are doing?????? :wall: :rant:
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

Henk Schuitemaker
Meteor
Meteor

Re: Airliners.net

Post by Henk Schuitemaker »

Agree, the new layout is awful. I hope Airfighters.com (my other frequently visited photo site) will stick with their current layout.

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Henk Schuitemaker wrote:Agree, the new layout is awful. I hope Airfighters.com (my other frequently visited photo site) will stick with their current layout.
New one for me - ta muchly.
Alex

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

I wondered what had happened - all the links appeared to be dead - I assumed the site was down or had been hacked. Just visited the "new" site. Atrocious. Looks like (as with many good old websites), they're pandering to the generation who want everything on a 3" wide iPhone screen. I'll be switching to Planepictures or Jetphotos from now on.

Great shame, was one of the first websites I visited when I started using the net 18 odd years ago.

Chris558
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris558 »

I have to concur. As you now have to type in the name of the aircraft you're looking for, not every version, etc will probably come up. For example, do you type in: HS748, HS [space] 748, or Andover...? Even if you select 'sort by' - 'Aircraft type' it was coming up with a place name of 'Andover!' And photos of other types!! :rant:

Shame, as, despite it's name, it is/was the best photo resource of ALL types.

Archer
VC10
VC10

Post by Archer »

I've had a quick look but if you select 'advanced search' at top right it still gives you a lot of options. A shame you don't get to see as many details with the photo results though. You have to click on the photo to see the registration.
Due to shortages and cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off.
------------
A Little VC10derness - http://www.VC10.net - Visit the Forum!