Shorts 330 Manuals

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

RJP
Comet
Comet

Shorts 330 Manuals

Post by RJP »

I seem to have volunteered / been volunteered to assemble a rather large meccano kit, specifically this;

Whilst it may look relatively complete the interior was quite comprehensively stripped. However, one of the former long term museum members worked for Gill Air at the time and anything removed from later aircraft (& which would otherwise have been binned) ended up finding it's way there. I think we have at least 85% of the interior, including most of the cockpit.

I wondered if anyone might have a copy of a 330 parts manual to hand that I could borrow / have copied & return? A lot of the parts we have were piled loose in boxes and I think it's likely to be a bit of a pain to identify a lot of it. However, Shorts seem to have been rather good with marking part no's (by hand, with a pen!) so a parts manual could be very useful indeed.

The longer term aim, after the inside is presentable (minus the first 2 or 3 rows of seats) is that (via either a ramp or wheelchair lift) it will be setup for access through the cargo door by wheelchair users / those who struggle with stairs. I can't offhand think of anywhere else that offers such a facility. Access for able-bodied visitors will be through the rear door / original airstairs.

If anyone does have a parts manual (or indeed anything else 330 related that may be useful) I would of course be most grateful if you could get in touch!

Cheers
Richard
Click here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Shorts 330 Manuals

Post by Motormouse »

Where is it?
I have 330 / 360 type rating... Ill have a rummage in the loft see if I can find anything relevant. May even have worked on that one.

Ttfn

Pete
An Elephant is a Mouse designed to
a government specification.

RJP
Comet
Comet

Post by RJP »

Motormouse wrote:Where is it?
I have 330 / 360 type rating... Ill have a rummage in the loft see if I can find anything relevant. May even have worked on that one.

Ttfn

Pete
Hi Pete,

It's at the North East Aircraft Museum, next to what's now a Nissan factory / was formerly Sunderland AIrport. Reg is G-OGIL, previously G-BITV. Was last at Gill Air & before that Intercity AIrlines, Brymon, Air Ecosse, Connectair, Fairflight & Guernsey Airlines.

Many thanks! If you do come across anything relevant I'd be most grateful for the chance to have a look at / borrow / copy it.

Cheers
Richard

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Motormouse »

Ah... G-OGIL, the one that taxied into the hangar.

Ttfn

Pete
An Elephant is a Mouse designed to
a government specification.

RJP
Comet
Comet

Post by RJP »

Motormouse wrote:Ah... G-OGIL, the one that taxied into the hangar.

Ttfn

Pete
I think it's fair to say the hangar won;